The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP's Black Beast (update 1132bhp & 840ftlb at hubs)

JamieP

Just got home from suprapod, had a great day, big thanks to all that organised it.

Never got the 9 I really wanted but still over the moon with a new personal best of 10.1 @ 149mph.

My 60 fts was shocking all day, never got better than 1.8, on my 10.1 run my 60ft was 1.87.

Main problem of the day was clutch issues, i only got a few clean runs, clutch kept getting stuck on the floor and it got worse as the day went on, gonna have to get it in to SRD to see what's going on.

Thread on clutch issue.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?252584-Clutch-Issue-Twisted-main-shaft-or-something-else

Long day, I'm shattered now, food and bed is in order I think :)

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good stuff mate. Were the smaller radials better though?

Went the other way, last time I had to much grip, this time I getting lots of wheel spin, gonna go back to the big tyres in bias ply et drags.

Cheers Hodge, nice meeting you :)

Awesome to hear your car run Jamie very impressive. Look forward to seeing it again hopefully you crack the 9's mate.

Thanks Tony, nice meeting you, love to see any videos if anyone got anything? love to see my run against Stuartw.

Thanks Abz, they say for every tenth you can knock off the 60ft thats two tenths at the end, 1.5 60ft would put me in a mid 9.

Thanks Tony, nice meeting you, love to see any videos if anyone got anything? love to see my run against Stuartw.

Thanks Abz, they say for every tenth you can knock off the 60ft thats two tenths at the end, 1.5 60ft would put me in a mid 9.

I've got a video of you against stuartw mate, will put it up on monday/tuesday for you

I got faith in you dude, my friend who came along (previous GTR owner) was astonished with the times you were putting through & he assures me if you could have got it to hook traction you would have easily hit 9 today. He also couldn't believe how you & other owners didn't break anything! I reminded him, that's because it is not a taxi!

:D

Well done JP the car looks and sounds awesome, its just minor fettling and fiddling now and you will be deep in the 9's mate, hopefully we can line up at that webster test day together.

Cheers mate, gutted for you today, thanks for the help and advice you gave :)

I got faith in you dude, my friend who came along (previous GTR owner) was astonished with the times you were putting through & he assures me if you could have got it to hook traction you would have easily hit 9 today. He also couldn't believe how you & other owners didn't break anything! I reminded him, that's because it is not a taxi!

:D

Yeah mate, have to say the car was brilliant, beat the hell out of it all day and clutch issues aside its been faultless.

Gonna fit my HKS drag coilovers now, go bigger tyres, just bought some bigger nitrous jets to help me get more boost in first gear, I WILL BE BACK :D