The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP's Black Beast (update 1132bhp & 840ftlb at hubs)

JamieP

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see you have started waterproofing the block paving ready for the winter ;) So have you got the flat shift thingie fitted / mapped yet?

Lol, dodgy turbo drain did that to the drive a couple of years back, We started on the flat shifter today but ran out of time, Ryan had 3 other cars waiting to be worked on so going to finish it later in the week.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Have you got adjustable suspension on the rear at the minute?

One thing I noticed is that it tends to transfer the weight between the front and rear alot on gear changes. Can you adjust the rebound so that it's slower to come back up and keep the weight over the rear?

are these hiper d's ????

Yes.

Bring them to SRD and you can get them fitted while the bbq is getting fired up on Friday :)

I'm not taking this car to srd, going in the slow one.

Check the nitrogen charge in them, they tend to leak. I can re gas them if you need them doing.

Cheers Chris, will look into that.

Have you got adjustable suspension on the rear at the minute?

One thing I noticed is that it tends to transfer the weight between the front and rear alot on gear changes. Can you adjust the rebound so that it's slower to come back up and keep the weight over the rear?

Yeah got tein flex on it now, will have a play on the day.

Any re-valvable dampers or double adjustables can be turned into "drag" shocks. They just have hardly any front rebound, and hardly any rear bump, to create speedy rear weight transfer. Similarly they run very low rear spring rates, and medium fronts with LOTS of extension in front springs and shocks, and lots of compression travel available on the rears. Hence the tighter wound upper coils.