The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP's Black Beast (update 1132bhp & 840ftlb at hubs)

JamieP

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thinking out loud here but with regards to the NOS and pulling the timing, would it be possible to reinstate the timing once the NOS is finished?

No need Scott. The timing was only retarded while Ryan checked the start/stop points of the nitrous was correct, when he was happy that was correct the timing was put back to normal, I could have done another run but as everything was very hot I decided to call it a day at that as I knew peak power was unlikely to change.

Also just had a chat with Dan, he has spoken with shell marketing and they have asked if I will be interested in a marketing campaing, it's the highest power they have ever heard of on Vpower.

Also just had a chat with Dan, he has spoken with shell marketing and they have asked if I will be interested in a marketing campaing, it's the highest power they have ever heard of on Vpower.

Seeing a supra on a shell advert will spark off the same reaction the orange supra did for the fast and the furious. :D

Guest Jamesmkiii
It's a Precision billet GT42-7675r.

Yeah happy with how it drives, might still go bigger turbo, not sure yet, may do a 40psi race fuel map over winter.

What back housing are you running? Can you provide more information on the engine? C/R, Cams, Head porting?

What octane is power pour?

Thank you

No need Scott. The timing was only retarded while Ryan checked the start/stop points of the nitrous was correct, when he was happy that was correct the timing was put back to normal, I could have done another run but as everything was very hot I decided to call it a day at that as I knew peak power was unlikely to change.

Ahh that's good. I thought you were going to be running less peak when the NOS was on :D

What's involved in a marketing campaign? Any ideas what the sweeteners will be your end? (Free VPower? :eyebrows:)

That would nice to get shell involved, did Ryan think there in anything left in the v power?

Might be more in it, stuartw's car will have a lot more power than mine I'd say (TDI could not hold his car for a proper power run) and he is still on pump fuel/pp mix and nitrous.

I don't know how to do logs Chris or have any interest in them if I'm honest, leave all that stuff to Ryan, if he says it's good to go I'm happy.

Will do a new speedo video in the next few days, it's back on normal clocks now an all.

I don't know how to do logs Chris or have any interest in them if I'm honest, leave all that stuff to Ryan, if he says it's good to go I'm happy.

Will do a new speedo video in the next few days, it's back on normal clocks now an all.

0-200mph video watching the speedo would be cool :cool:

I am amazed, logs would show where you have traction issues, how good or bad the gearing is, if you have any det, how well controlled temps are, if you have oil surge, plus more exciting things like just how damned fast it is from X to Y MPH or show a totally accurate log of how it spools relative to load, RPM, gear ratio, blah blah. A mine of useful info, and a record of perhaps what went wrong if you have a bad run, or something goes bang. Great power figures, I wish you all the best at the drag racing.

You've no chance even given a 10 second start until those Japs have Araldited that block of yours up ;)
at the moment no but be nice to see the supra 60-130 times , i can imagine it be pretty similar to mine but then after that, the power of the supra (like this one) should have some legs to stretch out at a rapid pace..,

Graph for you, still making power right to the red line, it looks a lot worse for lag in this graph compared to my 975 graph, thats just down to the runs being set a lot shorter this time as to keep strain off the car, the longer the run the more it loads the engine and the quicker it looks to spool.

Dan never sent me the one with nitrous but i did take a picture of the screen, green line is with nitrous.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/62a21c62.jpg

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)