The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP's Black Beast (update 1132bhp & 840ftlb at hubs)

JamieP

How much is the seibon badly fitting gate dude ??? As you are getting another, Im not as fussy as you !!!!

I think its terrible, gaps are huge, sits to high at the back, gaps round lights are massive, it dont look symetrical left to right, fit round 3rd brake light is bad, wish i test fitted it before i painted it.

Why can't you have a fuel level display on the DASH 2?

its got one but its rubbish, ive ran out of petrol twice now because the dash2 fuel gauge has a mind of its own.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would just add to the road warrior image of my car. Gave it 10 mins on the dyno today and then a couple of pulls to check the map on the new size ex housing, as it had cheap mineral oil didnt go mad but got to 730 whp @ 1.6 bar.

its got one but its rubbish, ive ran out of petrol twice now because the dash2 fuel gauge has a mind of its own.

I did a calibration on mine which I think SteveL was also using, basically I emptied the tank and then filled 5 litres at a time until it was full and recorded the voltages to build a calibration. Once that is done you need to reduce the sample rate otherwise is updates and bounces around too much.

Once done my fuel level on the dash basically tells me how much fuel I have left in litres.

Slight issue but no show stopper is that due to me doing the calibration with the engine off the voltage was 12v, not 14v, so when the car is running it reads approx 5 litres higher, this can be confirmed by just flicking the ignition on.

Sick of never knowing how much petrol ive got in the car, gone back to clocks and relocating the dash2.

I did a calibration on mine which I think SteveL was also using, basically I emptied the tank and then filled 5 litres at a time until it was full and recorded the voltages to build a calibration. Once that is done you need to reduce the sample rate otherwise is updates and bounces around too much.

Once done my fuel level on the dash basically tells me how much fuel I have left in litres.

Slight issue but no show stopper is that due to me doing the calibration with the engine off the voltage was 12v, not 14v, so when the car is running it reads approx 5 litres higher, this can be confirmed by just flicking the ignition on.

I remember imi said he might have sorted his Dash2 with some new map?

Might be worth speaking to him? I know his was annoyed with the fuel readings too.

Cheers guys, Ryan sorted my boost issue that developed yesterday, wire had come off the solenoid, nice easy fix.

I can defiantly feel the difference in power with the weight saving, feels really good.

I cant believe that, honestly, i cant imagine going any faster on 4 wheels than when we went for a spin in your car, how can it possibly be faster!!!!

I cant believe that, honestly, i cant imagine going any faster on 4 wheels than when we went for a spin in your car, how can it possibly be faster!!!!

You went in it at 1.8 bar, it was about 880rwhp then iirc, it's now about 2.4 bar and lighter ;)

Are you planning any further weight reduction to the car mate.

Nice work so far.

Not much else i can do and still keep a street car, Im looking at maybe getting a full ETS titainium system from turbo back, ive got to pull out all the amp power leads tomorrow but thats about it i think, be interesting to see what it weighs wensday.

You really are serious about all this :D.... Won't be long before its T6 Manifold and Drag Turbo time :D

He's so serious he's weighing himself naked, should be an experience seeing how Pod security react to a naked drag racer.... :)

:D

I'm surprised the Dynamatt is coming out, I've been considering putting some in mine to drown out the tyre roar on the motorway.

:D

I'm surprised the Dynamatt is coming out, I've been considering putting some in mine to drown out the tyre roar on the motorway.

Drive with a boostlogic exhaust and you dont hear anything but the boostlogic exhaust, just the way i like it.