The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP's Black Beast (update 1132bhp & 840ftlb at hubs)

JamieP

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all this weight saving, Can you feel any difference in hard pulls on the street?

Not yet, for some reason on the way home my boost dropped off, Im gonna look for the problem tomorrow.

I think ive took about 90kg out of the car(will find out wensday when im over Dans) thats like losing a 14stone passenger, got to help.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Gutted about this tailgate i supplied to them, i expected better from Seibon, so glad i never went with Seibon doors now, the Knightracer doors are a perfect fit, if the tailgate is anything to go by Seibon would have been a bad choice on the doors.

Just talking with knightracer and Albert is going to make a lightweight tailgate, same way he did my doors, exact mould of my stock hatch, he said he should be able to knock them out for £350-400 which is a great price if they fit like the doors, looking forward to getting that on the car instead of this rubbish.

Gaps on this seibon hatch are huge, also it sits to high when shut and the fit round the middle brake light is shocking, dont buy Seibon is my advice, i made the mistake of sending it to paint before we test fitted it thinking it would be a good fit, i would have sent it back if i hadnt painted it:(

Thats reallly bad mate, i feel for anyone who pays alot money for a product and then get results like that. you should see the radiator i just got but fingers crossed i can get it returned and get my money back.

imagine if your car was a different colour, them gaps would look ridiculous

Iphone mate, its easy for me, upload to photobucket app about 10seconds after i take the picture and link to the forum, no downloading to the pc etc.

Actually I do the same with my Samsung Galaxy S2. Anyway...back on topic.

Certainly the fitting around the brake light looks awful. It looks like the sort of work I'd do to someone's car given the chance.

Still, it sounds like KR are doing some good things for you at the moment.

Sorry to hear this, what a pain. Is the Seibon one all carbon, or a carbon outside skin over the original metal frame, if you see what I mean? Really good overall weight saving though, any idea of total wet weight now Jamie?

Its carbon backed up with fibreglass, im guessing ive saved somewhere around 90-100kg in total (not including drag wheels) ive not weighed my sub box and amp i removed yet so not 100% sure.

The car was 1583kg with 3/4 full tank of petrol before i started on the weight saving, will see where im at next week when i get over Dans.

Just fitted the steering wheel, well happy with it, it sits a bit far forward what with the dish+boss+quick release hub, i knew that would be the case so ordered a NRG stubby hub a few days back an all, should be here soon.

Sick of never knowing how much petrol ive got in the car, gone back to clocks and relocating the dash2.

I am just trying a new setup on my Dash2 for the fuel gauge, hopefully it will work out. That is one thing that is annoying with them though.

What's a DASH 2, a digital display? I am not a fan of digital dashes but had a race car in last week with the new GEMS display, and it was simply stunning. Even in full sunlight it was crystal clear, looked like it was stuck on vinyl lettering not some sort of screen. http://www.gems.co.uk/?content=pages&id=lds4-driver-display

Yeah, fuel gauge aside i love it, i did think about cutting up a set of clocks and hiding a stock fuel gauge in the glove box, i dunno yet, having some needles at present is quite novel.

http://www.race-technology.com/dash2_2_31.html

Gutted about this tailgate i supplied to them, i expected better from Seibon, so glad i never went with Seibon doors now, the Knightracer doors are a perfect fit, if the tailgate is anything to go by Seibon would have been a bad choice on the doors.

Just talking with knightracer and Albert is going to make a lightweight tailgate, same way he did my doors, exact mould of my stock hatch, he said he should be able to knock them out for £350-400 which is a great price if they fit like the doors, looking forward to getting that on the car instead of this rubbish.

Gaps on this seibon hatch are huge, also it sits to high when shut and the fit round the middle brake light is shocking, dont buy Seibon is my advice, i made the mistake of sending it to paint before we test fitted it thinking it would be a good fit, i would have sent it back if i hadnt painted it:(

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/9e6b5aa7.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/597d6515.jpg

I got a quote on one glass tailgate JP it was under £300 for a few he would prob do a deal, why dont you fill the brake light hole and spray it again.

I got a quote on one glass tailgate JP it was under £300 for a few he would prob do a deal, why dont you fill the brake light hole and spray it again.

Im not taking the risk on another product, id rather go with an exact copy of my tailgate, i like the 3rd brake light and thats only a small part of the issue with the seibon stulff.