The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP's Black Beast (update 1132bhp & 840ftlb at hubs)

JamieP

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol at Chris:D

Still on the weight saving theme, im swapping out my steel cobra side mounts and steel low mount seat rails for aluminum ones, 4x steel side mounts weigh 8kg where the alley recaro ones weigh 1.5kg, yet to weigh the runners but got to be another 3 or 4kg to save there, im thinking all the little bits will ad up, I'm getting obsessed by this, i need to start on myself next, my 6ft 4" 19 stone frame could do with a trim here and there:D

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Cars still coming along nicely Jamie :thumbs: Just when I thought there was nothing more you could do to it!

I'm getting obsessed by this, i need to start on myself next, my 6ft 4" 19 stone frame could do with a trim here and there:D

Probably the cheapest performance gain for the car, but perhaps the most effort :D

2 stone = near 13kg ;)

Cars still coming along nicely Jamie :thumbs: Just when I thought there was nothing more you could do to it!

Probably the cheapest performance gain for the car, but perhaps the most effort :D

2 stone = near 13kg ;)

I like my food to much mate to do that, just got in from a huge feast at TGI's, Mmmmm:D

Bracket made by SRD to support power steering pump with aircon removed.

New shorter belt fitted.

Lee is still out in the workshop, getting the car ready so i can pick it up tomorrow.

Going back together now.

New BOV installed, hopefully this will be the end of my boost pipes popping off at part throttle lift off.

I like my food to much mate to do that, just got in from a huge feast at TGI's, Mmmmm:D

Bracket made by SRD to support power steering pump with aircon removed.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/5c5ee623.jpg

New shorter belt fitted.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/a2e77cd3.jpg

How come you dont run the 6 speed tensioner JP Ive lost a couple of belts without one and you could have made the support bracket to just run off the lower mounting point of the shock bracket;) Have you solid mounted the diff, I think it will at least need the front mounts changed to solid.

How come you dont run the 6 speed tensioner JP Ive lost a couple of belts without one and you could have made the support bracket to just run off the lower mounting point of the shock bracket;) Have you solid mounted the diff, I think it will at least need the front mounts changed to solid.

I do run the tensioner, its just not fitted in that picture, diff is solid mounted.

It's not the bracket that's in the way it's the belt, I've not had one come off yet.

Could remake the lower bracket to go round the belt. Will see how it holds up to the JP testing.

It's not the bracket that's in the way it's the belt, I've not had one come off yet.

Could remake the lower bracket to go round the belt. Will see how it holds up to the JP testing.

I modded my lower bracket to from the shock arm to fit without the A/C pump. It needs little modification to do IIRC.