The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP's Black Beast (update 1132bhp & 840ftlb at hubs)

JamieP

Looking good fella. What size of nitrous are you planning on?

Thanks, just 50bhp jet, only plan to use in first gear to get me going at suprapod, when i did the test day at fast5 i had to much grip and not enough power in first gear.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome dude, i love how Lee just rips it apart then its back together like a day later, :D

You going weight saving mad then?

Thats it for the weight saving now mate, oh just remembered im swapping out my steel seat rails and side mounts for alloy ones.

Thats it for the weight saving now mate, oh just remembered im swapping out my steel seat rails and side mounts for alloy ones.

cool, will get a good looksi at Lee on fri if your still making it? You still going to run the TS Bov then, along with a 2nd one?

stop stripping it . you will just end up with a race car . and not a street car .

Hardly stripped mark, just the aircon removed as it didnt work anyhow, it will always be a street car.

cool, will get a good looksi at Lee on fri if your still making it? You still going to run the TS Bov then, along with a 2nd one?

Yeah i will be there, yeah leaving the turbosmart on and fitting a HKS racing BOV an all, i would not recommend the turbosmart dump valve for big boost cars.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Putting my well worn pessimist hat on I have to say the deletion of the doughnut worries me. Despite it being a potential failure point when abused by drag starts and lots of torque it will take a lot of the shock load out of the drivetrain, especially with a fierce clutch. I doubt the gearbox, diff or driveshafts will like their new workmate.

Just weighed the front runners, with tyres they are 10.8kg each, my fikse magnesium split rims at 11x18 with 275 tyres on the front, they weigh 34.4kg each:blink:

Just fitting the skinny fronts saves 47.2kg off the front of the car, thats a proper weight saving unless my fishing scales are miles out.:cool:

Turns out the fishing scales was miles out, them fish i use to catch are not as big as i use to think :D

With new scales the front runners weigh 9.5kg each and my 11x18 fiskes weigh 20.5kg each with tyres, still a 22kg saving.

I'm liking the ally prop doughnut as well, does it still locate into the 3 recesses on the diff

companion flange like the original doughnut does before bolting together?

I know what you mean but im not sure, ive not even seen it yet.

Just caught up with this - looking good Jamie. Respect for ploughing on through the weaknesses, you're certainly pushing the boundaries with your build now :thumbs:

Think you just need more seat time with a frozen spec to get your 9 now, you've more than got the legs to do it with those terminal speeds :)

Cheers,

Brian.

Cheers Brian.

Car is booked into Dans on wensday morning to use the dyno for a couple of hours, Ryan is going to wire in the nitrous for first gear, going to try and crack the 1000whp on pump fuel.

Also going to weigh the car again to see what it's at with the new bits done. :)