The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP's Black Beast (update 1132bhp & 840ftlb at hubs)

JamieP

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no please keep this a street car

A cage won't change weather it's a street car or not. It's safety first. With anything over 1000hp and RWD it's well worth getting a cage for any 1/4 mile or 1 standing mile events.

Most of the well made cages don't hinder much apart from the rear seats. Door bars are removable or you can have them as swinging arms with the actual door itself.

IMO if your trapping close to 150 it's better to be safe than sorry.

Just a small tip for you Jamie, make sure you dont open your window while your doing motorway speeds, managed to blow my Lexan glass replacment out....The car got sundenly louder and alot more draftier not ideal when your miles from home....lol

Doors have oem glass, hatch is having the lexan, its not here yet though.

Just a small tip for you Jamie, make sure you dont open your window while your doing motorway speeds, managed to blow my Lexan glass replacment out....The car got sundenly louder and alot more draftier not ideal when your miles from home....lol

:blink:

What speed...70mph!?

:blink:

Not ideal!lol!

I think the rear lexan should really be fixed with additional rivets or something.

Still would'nt risk it, mine just used to baloon, flex and vibrate as soon as the window was opened at speed. It was fine at 30mph but over that I used to just close the window just incase....

Cheers for the tip Kev, ive spoke to knightracer with regards what happed to yours and they are going to make sure its well fixed in for me.

always been curious about skinny front tyres, whats the benefit? would your road going width tyres snatch at the surface too much?

weight transfer and weight saving/ better control when running bias ply rears/ less rolling resistance.:)

Just weighed the front runners, with tyres they are 10.8kg each, my fikse magnesium split rims at 11x18 with 275 tyres on the front, they weigh 34.4kg each:blink:

Just fitting the skinny fronts saves 47.2kg off the front of the car, thats a proper weight saving unless my fishing scales are miles out.:cool:

Old girl is in bits, Nitrous going in, aircon removed, new BOV being fitted as the turbosmart one i have wont open quick enough, will be running twin BOV's now, new prop is in, picking it up from Lee thursday night and taking back to Knightracer friday for the other carbon door and carbon tailgate to be fitted.

My aircon has not worked all this year so with my new weight saving plan i decided to have SRD pull it out, saved 12.6kg off the front of the car.

Couple of the prop flanges going on and prop installed and torqued up.