The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP's Black Beast (update 1132bhp & 840ftlb at hubs)

JamieP

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that 5 kilos painted Jamie? I wouldn't want carbon doors on a car without a proper cage with decent side impact bars. I nearly fitted mine to my cageless GTS-t, and I am glad I didn't, as I rattled it into the tyre wall at Oulton. With carbon doors I would have sustained some injury.

Guest jamsames

if i somhow managed to drive jamies car and then obv crash it, id hope to be killed in the impact as others would probably kill me anyway :innocent:

Yes tested them before painting, picture a few pages back, the fit was perfect.

Yeah got a carbon hatch with lexan going on soon, ordered it a couple of weeks back, soon as it's in to knightracer they will paint it and I will be back down.

Stock stripped door weighs just over 20kg, that's with a bit of dynamat though, also removed the front speakers and mdf brackets, they weigh 4kg, should save about 34kg in total, just need some light wing mirrors now to replace my flippy electric ones.

Home now, well happy with the doors, they are stunning, perfect fit, Knightracer did a superb job, going back in two weeks for my carbon hatch.:cool:

Lovely day today, had a great drive home, 1100+bhp is truely insane on the street, i love this car:D

Cheers guys.

Looking really good Jamie, are you going to be putting your speakers back in or are you doing without now?

The back ones are so good and i sit so far back i dont think i will bother putting the fronts back in, they dont seem to make a huge difference to the sound.