The mkiv Supra Owners Club

anyone ever experienced an embarrassing moment with the supra?

Mario

The first week I bought the car I drove my wife to the train station. I have a clifford alarm which then had the anti-hijack activated. This meant you had to switch the engine off to open the doors or enter the code to stop the immobiliser activating.

Anyway, I turn up in a loud, black body kitted car at peak time with all the stiffs looking. Parked across two parking bays which were both for disabled badge holders. Switch the engine off, let the wife out, waved goodbye and went to start the car.............nothing :(

The car was stuck there for 2 hours while I waited for an auto electrician to come out and repair the dry solder on the alarm. I got the dirtiest looks and got told off by the station staff for blocking the parking.

Was not a good start to ownership.

I once posted a topic asking how to use the boot release even tho i had used the petrol cap one loads of times..........o wait that wasnt me........

BUMP TIME!

Yes i think i have seen it pop up some time it has a large history i didn't went through al the pages lol,

Wow how i would hate to do something like this oO

Embarassing moments hmmmm...

Ah yes... filling up the Supra, getting in, turning the key and it just won't start... been sitting at the stupid petrol station for about an hour after work fiddling around getting it to start. Not to mention people coming around watching the car and me hanging in the engine bay and through the passengers door. In the end i was lucky to get it started without calling any help. ^^

Other then this i can't remember anything :D

That is really low there, nice pictures taken from how did you get out of there without a scratch, lol

The color of your supra comes really alive in those pictures nice one, but if i would do the same down here the other road users will eat the skin behind my nails beceause they don't like to get delayed in any kind.

I wanted to clean my plugs on a sunday morning and when i started doing it, i tought it would be smart to put my oil cap off so all the gas could evaporate.

Next morning i went to school without my oil cap on my engine, and lost it on my way. Never found it back and had to drive 200km to find a used one...

Two very awkward and embarassing situations. number 1: When i first bought the car....I parked up at a petrol station (for which there was a massive queue as it was relatively cheap) filled her up, got back in....tried to start the car and absolutely nothing. Alarm went off, lights flashing, couldnt get back into the car as the fob stopped working for some reason. I was locked out. Waited until the siren of the alarm subsided, tried again and thankfully got inside and got the car started. All this while there were about 20 people waiting and occasionally beeping in a huge line behind me....very embarassing lol.

Number 2: Dont ask me why but my mum was driving the supe, and its the first time shes driven a car like that. I told her to be very careful going over bumps, even thought the suspension was stock. So we were approaching traffic lights near a bustop where lots of school kids had gathered, coming near to a speed hump...i told her to slow down, she didnt listen lol. Next thing, i hear a loud scraping noise underneath the car (exhaust) whilst all the school kids just stare. Stop right next to the bus stop as its a red light....some of the kids look on in awe, some of them are almost laughing.....my mum tries to move off and stalls. Typical lol. Shes never driven the car since lol.

My first Supe that I had which was my N/A...I was pulling out of the car park from work when I thought I would show off :sly:

I had gave her a bit of welly and she lost traction, went completely sideways and everyone was looking, pointing and probably...laughing :D

I almost lost it but I got her back under control quickly! I was left a bit red faced after that :(

I was teased for days after that :twak: :D

It was my very first week in owning a Supra and I didn't know how easy she was to slide...the Supra has made me a better driver for it though :)

Edited by SilverSoop (see edit history)

MarcP and i went to fill up at the petrol station that was about 100yards away from our hotel in France. I decided to lead the way as i was confident i knew how to get too it...i didnt. I ended up taking us both the wrong way down a one way road with a car coming towards us flashing and beeping like mad. Took us ages to find our way back through all the one way systems. Very embarassing :(

The groaning noise from the brakes on an auto when coming to a slow stop at a pedestrian crossing. People stare and it doesn't seem to be the 'oh nice car' kind of stare. More like the 'oh what the hell is that awefull sound'