The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2JZ RS500 anyone?

JamieP

Nice combo of engine and shell i've had two sierra's this shape heted them try'd for 8 months to kill the first one(it was my first car so just 1.8ltr)but have to say i have a real soft spot for them now go figure. two things i noticed though firstly they are about the worst wheels i've ever seen on a sierra as the face protrudes about two inches from the rim. second never ever grab the rollcage like the passanger does thats a sure way to lose your fingers if the worst happens!

If anybody can do this with both class and insanity i have complete faith in Mr JamieP!:thumbs:

Thats the proper wheels look the same when you look straight on but they don't stick out to snap the shins of the people on the pavement! that is a lovely shell aswell perfect to start a project on! Mr JamieP you have too much time and money yet another potential legend amung mere mortals! iether way i'm sure it or your V8 will be a lesson in perfection again!:notworthy

Good thing if i do something like that is i have lots of 2jz parts already, ive got a couple of spare complete engines, gearbox/diffs, i got a fully built short block with cp's and BC rods, still got my old billet 76 turbo, thats a seriously hard hitting and fast spooling 850bhp turbo, i could almost build a supra with my spares:D

That would be a cracking combo. Why on earth did the owner swap the split rims inside out? Looks ridiculous lol.

Having a look at the one on ebay, it looks ideal but it says it isn't a 500 and that it's actually a lookalike based on a 3 door cosworth. Just thought I would mention it in case it matters.

Would need to get some proper wheels on it though, the video looks a hoot to drive but absolutely useless for putting any power down.

That would be a cracking combo. Why on earth did the owner swap the split rims inside out? Looks ridiculous lol.

Having a look at the one on ebay, it looks ideal but it says it isn't a 500 and that it's actually a lookalike based on a 3 door cosworth. Just thought I would mention it in case it matters.

Would need to get some proper wheels on it though, the video looks a hoot to drive but absolutely useless for putting any power down.

I know its not a real RS500 mate, i cant afford one of them, its still a proper cossie shell though, if i was to get something like that id put a full cage in it and do a small tub on the rear to get some wide wheels on it.

I know its not a real RS500 mate, i cant afford one of them, its still a proper cossie shell though, if i was to get something like that id put a full cage in it and do a small tub on the rear to get some wide wheels on it.

Tbh doing what you have planned to a genuine RS500 wouldn't be viable anyway, this shell is perfect for it. would you go r154 or v160/161? Loads of strong rear axles available for these cars too.

I reckon a bi turbo Audi v6 would be a fantastic swap for this, or a Volvo 5 pot as a wildcard.

Christ I must be the only person on here who just doesnt like cossie's :blink:

Nah, there's me too :)

Ditto.

Only people I've seen driving them are chavs. Same as any powerful Ford really!

It'd be pretty cool though so go for it :)

no your not , dont worry

To be honest the 3 door Sierra is the only cosworth I do like the look of.

Last year's champion and a contender in this year's Irish Touring Car Championship runs one of these.

Its jet black, looks as mean as hell and it builds speed like its been yoked to a steam catapult.

He runs a tuning/race car preparation company not far from me so its obvious the guy knows what hes doing!

Compared to the Honda brigade that makes up the majority of the field its a joy to watch on track.

I'm nearly sure he set a new track record at the last round in Mondello while he was making up places after being spun out early on in the race.

Nice project Jamie.

You are living proof that a man CAN have too many Supras but can NEVER have too many 2JZ's!