The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Japspeed 1JZ Imprezza Stolen fron pod this afternoon :(

scotty71

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to sure, i should think it would be covered. But then its a track car and not to sure how insurance works with them tbh.

Full on track car, or road going track? If it's a road legal track car then he may have insurance for it. In which case I reckon the show stand may be covered under.

Not sure what the stipulations are of "track car insurance" but I hope for the best regardless.

I think track car insurance only covers cars for damage when there used on an MSA approved track. Being that these drift car's are usually used on improvised tracks then I doubt it would apply. Hopefully the car is fully road legal and is insured for proper amount so at least he's not out of pocket. He may also have it covered by his business insurance as an asset as in essence its a marketing tool and is probably registered to the business

Also still no news on any sightings, has been a report of a burnt out vehicle in the area but has been confirmed not to be the impreza

We get quite a few reports of cars being burnt out around here, most of them true. it's a local sport.

I am guessing, Pod was heaving yesterday, based on the amount of modded cars we saw on the weekend Tesco run, the car park was rammed with modded cars, mainly Vauxhalls. So unless someone notified Security that it had gone from the stand by the time it passed them, why would they have suspected anything. Have to feel for the owners though and maybe it was taken by a ambitious Nova owner high on something and it will turn up relatively undamaged, but suspect it wont be if its not been found yet.

Ahhh i hate reading about these kind of things,it just goes to show that you cant let your guard down! ive heard of cars going missing at trackdays and shows and its due to owners thinking there safe in that environment that includes me.ive ramped up security on mine and i have mates who now even take fuses out when they leave the cars.with any luck this car had been taken by some small time divi and not someone who went preped to steal it,at least then there may be a small chance of getting it back.

Good look to the owner with getting this back asap

From Driftworks, just in case anyone knows the area :-

"My mother in law live on wolf lane, she saw and heard the car last night about 9. she heard it go all the way up wolf lane and then the noise just disappeared. She said it was stupidly loud and it just stopped. It has got to off one of them roads. there are a few garages tucked away at the end of ash lane off of black horse road."

From Driftworks, just in case anyone knows the area :-

"My mother in law live on wolf lane, she saw and heard the car last night about 9. she heard it go all the way up wolf lane and then the noise just disappeared. She said it was stupidly loud and it just stopped. It has got to off one of them roads. there are a few garages tucked away at the end of ash lane off of black horse road."

In windsor?