The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Japspeed 1JZ Imprezza Stolen fron pod this afternoon :(

scotty71

Just heard about this off txt via a friend, looking into it it is true, goddam.

BTCCCrazy‎ RT @stum450n: The Team Japspeed Subaru drift car has been STOLEN. This happened earlier tonight. It was taken from the Maxxis Tyres Stand at Santa Pod.

Twitter - 559

9 minutes ago

Shouldnt really be hard to spot unless its already being broken

http://ll.speedhunters.com/u/f/eagames/NFS/speedhunters.com/Images/RIA/autosport%202011/autosport2011/DSC2897%20copy.jpg

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

such a nice scoob :( i hope when they get out the car they fall over and break their legs...then get thier arms run over by a lorry which is carrying bees which then fly out which in turn causes them to be stung all over which will alert the authorities therefore bring the scoob home safe :) oh the scooby snatchers die btw ;)

By all accounts it was parked opposite open gates and the secutity guard went on break, Not sure if keys were needed or if the car is just switch stared tbh.

Not really sure on the circumstances then. Not going to boot the owner when they are down though. At the end of the day the person that took it is nothing but scum, things could probably have been done to prevent it but at the end of the day they shouldn't REALLY need to be.

It's countdown mate. How long would it take you to hide a car?

If the car has a destination there is a chance, if it's parts then... unfortunately... I would say it is gone. Bespoke parts might trace the origin.

Hope I'm wrong though. I just know what I could do on the wrong side of this situation.

Thing is though, if I got into the car & drove out I doubt anyone would question.

Even if I came out of the place sideways please would be applauding me!

I do hope the owner finds it.

That's my point really. Hopefully a few eyes will be opened regarding vehicle security.

Having your car stolen from a stand is a bad state of affairs though.

Car has a small tank and was low on fuel so wouldn't get far, its sad to say but it sounds like it went straight into a trailor, its just sad that people are now going to start saying they have seen it when they have not, just to try and be a part of it all

That's my point really. Hopefully a few eyes will be opened regarding vehicle security.

Having your car stolen from a stand is a bad state of affairs though.

Car has a small tank and was low on fuel so wouldn't get far, its sad to say but it sounds like it went straight into a trailor, its just sad that people are now going to start saying they have seen it when they have not, just to try and be a part of it all

I hope the owner doesn't read this, but cars like that will be wanted for one thing only...Parts.

I don't know the specs but it must be worth at least £10k in parts, these theives will just get it out of sight as quickly as possible & then hide it for a couple of days while stripping it down. The parts if too well know will go aboard, otherwise they will be sold in the UK. I'd highly recommend fitting a tracker to anything worth a decent amount. My friend had his Audi TT recovered when someone stole it & then hid it in a west end underground car park. Luckily the tracker was able to provide the last location & he found it 3 floors down under a car cover. Police even said, a few more days & most likely it would have ended up in a container.

I hope the owner doesn't read this, but cars like that will be wanted for one thing only...Parts.

I don't know the specs but it must be worth at least £10k in parts, these theives will just get it out of sight as quickly as possible & then hide it for a couple of days while stripping it down. The parts if too well know will go aboard, otherwise they will be sold in the UK. I'd highly recommend fitting a tracker to anything worth a decent amount. My friend had his Audi TT recovered when someone stole it & then hid it in a west end underground car park. Luckily the tracker was able to provide the last location & he found it 3 floors down under a car cover. Police even said, a few more days & most likely it would have ended up in a container.

I'm not going to say any details as I don't want anyone getting ideas, but it is far easier to steal a car for parts than to steal to order (container). Especially where trackers are regarded. I could easily hide a car in a matter of hours with my very very basic knowledge, let alone people who know what they are doing.

I fear the worst in this case but I hope the best.

10k and the rest, not a good time for steve. The car was amazing, I say its been joy ridden but then with the guard going on break then it going points to something more than that.

Joyride is best case scenario IMO. Few dented panels will be the least of the owners worries.

Out of curiosity Nev, what's the deal with the guys insurance? Covered? Just looking for a worst case "happy" ending really.