The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Black Facelift BPU Twin Turbo 6 Speed

TTRickeh

Well I think it might be time to sell the Supra. I've had it a few years now and it's come to the point where it's either go single turbo or get a different car as I fancy a change. I am not 100% sure i'm doing the right thing, and am in no particular rush to sell, but if someone's happy to pay the price i'm after then I probably would. I will certainly miss it when it's gone.

Spec at the moment:

• Tein Flex coilovers that are designed to be used with stock top mounts
  • 2.5'' Whifbitz double decat, stock mid silencers, and Blitz Nur Spec S backbox (still have 2nd cat for MOT, and original backbox)
  • UK Spec brakes (painted red with Supra decals) with Toyota discs all round and Porterfield street pads on the back, Endless SSS pads on the front.
  • Walbro fuel pump
  • Stock 17's (I have a set of facelift and pre-facelift centre caps) with Pirelli Pzero Rosso fronts Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's rear
  • Recaro Speed seats in 'Ambla Leather' in very good condition
  • Stock airbox with Apexi panel filter
  • Defi boost guage and control unit with peak hold/real time recording/warning beep set
  • Pre-facelift rear lights with inserts painted a dark metallic grey with facelift outer lenses and clear indicator lenses. Fog light wired up to red bulb switchable from the dash for MOT time.
  • Stubby aerial from the group buy on here
  • Toad ai606 alarm with two fobs and two keys
  • 5000k HID lights
  • Active front spoiler and Blitz active spoiler controller
  • Chris Wilson SMIC
  • Supra 'pure sport' stock mats
  • Totally stock body

Recently made 324bhp at the wheels and 381 lbft of torque . Pulls strong, no boost issues or noticeable smoke even with double decat and thin 5w oil. There's definitely a bit more power to be had with a cat back exhaust. I just like the ground clearance and silencing of the stock Y pipes.

( See dyno thread here )

Audio:

• Alpine W202R double din 6.5'' screen head unit with full speed iPod control, can watch DVDs on it too.
  • Alpine Type R 6.5'' components in custom speaker brackets in the front, driven by Harmon Kardon 2 channel amp
  • JL Audio 10W3v3 4 ohm sub in Lockys96 custom sealed sub enclosure that fits behind the rear seat powered by JL Audio 500/1 mono amp.

I can give a discount if the buyer doesn't want the sub box and amps which i've noted in the price at the bottom.

( See thread about audio here )

Servicing/maintenance:

Since the car arrived in the UK in 2005 imported by Future Autos it has been owned by members of this club. Before me it was 'Shilakadadddy' and before that 'Cheifvinso'. For the most part they have done the maintenance on the car themselves and so have I.

Just before I bought it the previous owner replaced the clutch and changed the gearbox oil.

I got the car with the odo reading 96000 in summer 2008. Since then I have changed the oil (5w40 Titan/Silkolene fully synth) and filter twice, bled brake fluid (motul dot 5.1) twice, changed spark plugs to Denso Iridiums, changed fuel filter, coolant flush and replacement with Toyota Red. I had a garage replace the crank pulley and bolt & have had camber caster and toe geo set ups whenever i've fiddled with/changed the suspension with the most recent one being a few months ago. I've also changed the power steering fluid, the battery, and the o2 sensor within the past few months. I have a cam belt which I was going to get put on but taking the cam cover off I saw it was a Gates belt in good condition so it has obviously already been done at some point.

The car failed it's MOT on a rear wheel bearing and play in one of the rear upper suspension arms when I MOT'd it in summer 2009 so whilst I was there I spent a few thousand replacing all the suspension arms at the rear (upper, lower, strut, and toe) plus wheel bearings, axle flanges, discs, pads, subframe mounts, diff mounts, diff oil change, handbrake shoes, bolts and nuts etc. Had the subframe blasted and painted silver too.

( See rear end suspension rebuild thread here )

Mileage:

Imported with almost 70000 km on the clock and converted into mph. Current odometer mileage is 106000, so 36000 miles (106000 - 70000) + 43500 (70000 km) = a total of around 79,500 miles

MOT until 27th January 2012

Tax until 31st January 2012

HPI clear

Work still to do & bad bits:

One of the wheel bearings got an advisory for the last MOT. I will install a new one before the car is sold.

Stone chips on the front bumper as you can imagine with the age/mileage of the car.

The drivers side wing has been stone chipped at some point and a rust bubble has formed, so I have bought a rust-free replacement wing and will be getting it painted up soon, or I will sell the car £200 cheaper and give the spare wing to the new owner if they are happy enough to sort it themselves.

I've been meaning to get around to giving the car a summer detailing and wax so i'll get this done for the new owner.

There are probably quite a few things that i've forgotten to include as I have had it for a while now but feel free to ask anything as I know the car quite well.

The price is £8500 (or -£200 without sub box and amps, -£200 with the current front wing). Please send me a PM only if you are interested at this price as I don't really want any offers. I think the price is pretty reasonable for the car and spec. I'll leave the car on here for a week or two and then put it on Pistonheads and the like if there's no firm interest.

Here are a few pics but please remember the spec list I have noted above is the most up to date as some of the pictures are slightly older so have different parts on them (mainly side skirts/spats and TRD wheels). I have hundreds of pictures of the car and various parts of it so not sure which ones to put up really.

Bit surprised to see this to be honest mate. I'm sure you have thought long and hard about it though.

Far too cheap though, you are really underselling your car. Certain new members influencing your decision? :D

That's a beauty. Great ad as well.

GLWS.

Cheers

Bit surprised to see this to be honest mate. I'm sure you have thought long and hard about it though.

Yeh i've had this saved as a word document for about a week now adding bits here and there and decided to take the plunge.

Far too cheap though, you are really underselling your car. Certain new members influencing your decision? :D

Yeah there have been a few crackers lately! Forum is going downhill :D

I wasn't too sure what to do with the price really. I've just put it up for something I expect I wouldn't have too much trouble getting. If it ends up on Pistonheads etc it'll be going up for 9k

Edit: I have the spec and the audio at the start down as a list, shows in preview post but it doesn't appear to be showing up in the main post. What's gone wrong?

I wasn't too sure what to do with the price really. I've just put it up for something I expect I wouldn't have too much trouble getting. If it ends up on Pistonheads etc it'll be going up for 9k

It's a lot less than it's worth, easily 10k IMHO, but the trouble is selling at the value rather than the market value. It's tough times at the moment mate so I know it can be difficult.

Plus points are the colour, it's facelift, it's mostly original and it has my mint seats :D

That's before going into the wheels etc etc. Still far too cheap though, your cutting your own throat..... but as long as you get what you need that's all that matters. Someone is going to get a cracker :)

Had a PM from a chap in Finland saying he's interested. Told him i'm apprehensive since he has no posts and isn't a member etc, and he wants my number so a Finnish car importers can contact me, and he directed me to this website http://www.autoenglannista.fi/search . They also have the club listed here as alternative places to source Supras http://www.autoenglannista.fi/palvelut . They appear to have loads of private sales from Pistonheads listed on there and even the Envy demo car which Jurgen is selling.

What do you guys think? Sorry if you're reading this mate. Just want to be careful :)

Gorgeous car; exactly what I am after. Would be PMing you if I weren't 10,000 miles away. GLWTS.

As for selling abroad... I wouldn't be giving my address to anyone I didn't trust or know personally, so just be very cautious. I am sure many other people can offer better advice, but mine would be to always be cautious; if I were buying this from you I would expect nothing less.

Now provisionally sold and to be headed for Finland :blink:

Gorgeous car; exactly what I am after. Would be PMing you if I weren't 10,000 miles away. GLWTS.

As for selling abroad... I wouldn't be giving my address to anyone I didn't trust or know personally, so just be very cautious. I am sure many other people can offer better advice, but mine would be to always be cautious; if I were buying this from you I would expect nothing less.

Thanks mate. I was pretty sceptical to start but the company I posted up has contacted me directly (http://www.performanceimports.fi/palvelut?lang=en) and i've spoken with the guy that is going to come view it on the phone this morning. Seems genuine and they will be paying cash so unless some sort of mechanical issue presents itself between now and when they come to view the car should be sold this weekend or next.

Apologies to all that have contacted me especially if I haven't replied yet. If the sale doesn't work out I will be back in touch.

I know Lee from that company, he has a highly modified Skyline IIRC.

Should be Ok if they are paying cash.

Was quite tempted to get this myself, looks beautiful!

Cheers mate, it was Lee's brother Gary I spoke to on the phone and who is organising everything this end with me.

If I was you, id get the cash deposited in your bank account first before handing the keys over to them.

I will do mate :) Thanks for the advice. The plan at the moment is to meet a week on sunday for the sale.

I am being asked to complete the section 11 (permanent export) part of the V5, so i'm a little unsure with the procedure of that and will have to look into it/contact this Gary chap to see what he says.

Cheers mate, it was Lee's brother Gary I spoke to on the phone and who is organising everything this end with me.

I will do mate :) Thanks for the advice. The plan at the moment is to meet a week on sunday for the sale.

I am being asked to complete the section 11 (permanent export) part of the V5, so i'm a little unsure with the procedure of that and will have to look into it/contact this Gary chap to see what he says.

When the guy from Finland is supposed to come ? A friend of mine is really interested by this car and has the cash ready to pay so if for any reason the sale doesn't go through, let me know and we'll be coming to pick it up asap ;)

What you getting next? :)

Probably S2000. Just something simple, newer, and fun to drive.

When the guy from Finland is supposed to come ? A friend of mine is really interested by this car and has the cash ready to pay so if for any reason the sale doesn't go through, let me know and we'll be coming to pick it up asap ;)

It was supposed to be collected next sunday, but probably a little sooner than that now. I will let you know if it falls through :)

Give us a shout if you want someone else round there when they come to view the car. Nothing better than piece of mind there are a few more folk around :)

Yeh cheers dude I was considering asking a mate round just in case. It's just going to be the one guy apparently. Pickin him up from the train station, no back seats in the Supra so can only take one person anyway. It's going with all my audio though. Was kind of hoping they wouldn't want it, could sell the sub box alone for £200 let alone the sub inside it and the amps.

Can't believe you are selling, that is a stunning car, something I'd come back to if I had the money :(

As others have said, think you are under selling a brilliant spec'd Supra :)

Yeh, i'm trying not to think about it too much! If I find enough ways to justify selling it I wont feel so bad when it goes.

• 2 weeks later...
cant belive i just seen this on facebook :( sad to see such a nice example leave aberdeen :( hope were still going to see you around at some meets though :p

Yeah I'll still be kicking about man :) so long as I'm not shunned for not owning a supra anymore :D will hopefully have something fun to replace it soon. It's been a blast with that supra I'll remember it forever :) My first real car. Wasn't nice watching it being driven away.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.