The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Widest 18" wheels to fit rolled arches on lowering springs?

skippyboyo1

Right guys ive looked around using the search button but i cant seem to find the right answer.

Im holding my hands up ive no idea about offsets so here is my question........

I Have rolled all 4 of my arches and im running lowering springs so the car is not "slammed" or anything and im looking to fit 18" wheels (love the look of 19" but i do alot of trackdays and i just dont think 19" is the way to go)

The wheels i want are rota torque

so whats the widest 18" rims i can get on,i was thinking 9" front and 10" rear however ive no idea about which offset to go for?

thanks in advance guys

also to be a pain can anyone recommend where the best place to get rota's from?

Edited by skippyboyo1 (see edit history)

With a rota 9" front and 10" rear go for a 35ish offset all round and you will be fine, you can go lower if you want, my rota svn's on the V8 are 9"et25 front and 10"et30 rear, it dont rub but its very close, Whifbitz beats everyone on price by miles when i was looking.

You can go wider with other wheels, CCW classics do a 11.5" rear that fits under a stock rolled rear arch.

With a rota 9" front and 10" rear go for a 35ish offset all round and you will be fine, you can go lower if you want, my rota svn's on the V8 are 9"et25 front and 10"et30 rear, it dont rub but its very close, Whifbitz beats everyone on price by miles when i was looking.

You can go wider with other wheels, CCW classics do a 11.5" rear that fits under a stock rolled rear arch.

thought you would know this one jamie.

what do you think to the 19" rim compared to the 18" then? i feel the car handles real well in my current 18" and i just dont want to upset that.

Right so 35 offset all round is the way to go then

yeah i'm running 11" rears and 9.5" fronts on stock rolled arches, although i went with an aggressive offset so they have some 'poke', if you chose a higher offset (my rears are +22) then they should fit flush and you can run a wider tyre.

13"! my god!!!!! do they scrub at all??

with 345/30 BFG's it was silly, the tirewall rubbing against the suspension and lots of tire outside the arches, but on 315/30 there is no problem

-depends on the tire too, the BFG T/A's have massive drag'ish tyrewall's

I have tried to messure the offset and i think its +50 ? dont know if that helps.

with 345/30 BFG's it was silly, the tirewall rubbing against the suspension and lots of tire outside the arches, but on 315/30 there is no problem

-depends on the tire too, the BFG T/A's have massive drag'ish tyrewall's

I have tried to messure the offset and i think its +50 ? dont know if that helps.

it does thanks buddy