The mkiv Supra Owners Club

E3- battlefield 3

ripped_fear

FYI, Battlefield 3 (PC) does not support DX9 (and therefore Windows XP), you must have a GPU/OS that supports DX10/11. It will come with both a 32bit and 64bit EXE (64bit is recommended by DICE).

The FrostBite 2.0 engine on the PC is different to the FrostBite 2.0 engine on the Consoles (PC is more advanced).

FYI, Battlefield 3 (PC) does not support DX9 (and therefore Windows XP), you must have a GPU/OS that supports DX10/11. It will come with both a 32bit and 64bit EXE (64bit is recommended by DICE).

The FrostBite 2.0 engine on the PC is different to the FrostBite 2.0 engine on the Consoles (PC is more advanced).

good bit of information there mate thanks :)

All the trailers are played on a really high end gaming pc fpr the graphics like that.

The reason BF3 doesnt support DX9 (and therefore XP) is because the Devs didnt want to be held back in their pursuit for amazing lighting effects and other features only available in DX10/11. A very brave move on behalf of DICE as lots of people still use XP, however you cant make the game of tomorrow supporting the technology of yesterday....just like web designers these days dont build website to cater to IE6.

...It does looks amazing... But it comes out around the same time as MW3 so its going to be interesting

Depends what you like in your FPS I guess.

IMO, BF3 will beat MW3 hands down in what it offers, but thats because I like FPS games that promote teamwork (squads) and tactics as opposed to the rambo-on-crack experience that MW seems to offer these days (for me, COD4 was the last decent game in the franchise).

I like Frostbites destruction in BC2 as its another element to master in gameplay, the destruction capabilities in BF3 are far superior from what I've seen/read on various sites. MW3 has a destructible environment, but it is all scripted whereas BF3's destruction isnt.

MW3 will come with "MW Elite" that gives you more online features, BF3 will come with something similar (cant remember the name of it - though it is free on the PC).