The mkiv Supra Owners Club

in a bit of a car dilemma, what to sell/keep?

pistol pete

the background..

well we currently have

a 2.8 v6 4motion golf 2003

a 2000 plate 1.8 focus ghia

my L supra na

the golf up to now has been the wifes..

we have money on credit cards i really want to get rid of

The wifes friend has a focus st that in a years time the wife wants to buy when she is finished with it..

I drive the focus everyday and the wife drives the golf..

her drive to work is short and non exciting

we drive the supra very rarely .. i think in the last month i managed 150 miles max. (that using it a lot for me) :(

anyways she has decided that her golf for what she uses is costing her far to much in fuel and has taken my focus for work for the past 3 weeks and not even looked at her golf.

now this has left me with the golf and the supra.. which is a bit pricey to run/insure and i could not drive the supra everday as we want a nice low milage family car.. (not saying the family car has to be slow)

so was wondering what i should do..

sell all 3 get something small for her and something big and fun for me (s4?) and pay the rest on the credit card to get rid of it..

leave her with the focus for her use it as family car.. sell the golf and sup get me a civic type r as would be good for my run to work.. again use rest to pay of card..

run the golf. sell or keep the supra(and credit card :( )..

leave her with focus.. sell both any buy me and s4 or similar.. as i would not own 2 cars i could easily afford the extra in fuel as no longer paying 2 insurances etc. and pay off card...

what ever i have has to be enjoyable and i can play with it a bit..

i am soo confused..:rolleyes:

any other car suggestins for me?

Unless I'm missing something I don't get your maths - aren't s4's quite pricey? (9k+). 2000 focus say £1500, Lreg NA £2500, 2003 golf 3-4k?, so add that up and take off s4, car for her and cards doesn't seem to add up unless I'm massively underpricing your cars!

Edit -actually unless you mean the really early s4s, 1998-9 are around 4-5k.

Guest wantthatone

hmmm, debt, 3 cars & a unhappy mrs! sell the cars clear the debt get a couple of decent run arounds, save what you were paying on monthly repayments in a decent isa, 3-5 years back in a supra owned outright! simples

Guest wantthatone
Sell the Golf and the Focus and get a pair of Micras. Pay off credit card, keep Supra :)
lol, jazz would be loving the micra power!!

was thinking about the older s4.. but gonna give that a miss..

the credit card is no longer that big so that is being paid off anyways..

i think the main prob is the mpg the golf does and her trip to work..

so considering..

she runs the focus..

i keep the supra but take off the road for couple of months so i can do the things i want for a while..

and change the golf for a civic type r and i drive that everyday as can get a straight swap on the golf.. as i do a 40mile round trip.. i will be quite a bit better than the golf as only ever get around 25mpg in that.. and thats the same as the book.. hmmm

hmmm, debt, 3 cars & a unhappy mrs! sell the cars clear the debt get a couple of decent run arounds, save what you were paying on monthly repayments in a decent isa, 3-5 years back in a supra owned outright! simples

that does sound like a good idea.. considering selling the supra and keep the focus.. change golf to a civic and save...

Hmm your combined vehicle worth doesn't add up to a huge amount, not enough to start selling a fleet and buying a whole other fleet by the time you've had your soul drained by tyre kicking stupid question asking muppets for sure! You could consider shifting the golf and buying a cheapy diesel runner like a rover 200 sdi that is quite nippy and will leave you with change from £500

NA supe? Is it really all that boat floating? Wouldn't be for me that's for sure and I temporarily owned a manual one. Maybe flog the supra and stick LPG on the golf?

little update..

all in my favour..

to save on fuel the wife just swapped for a 54 lowmileage ST170 focus.. so its a lot new and much better on fuel while being a bit special still..

now i can downgrade my focus to a diesel or run the supra everyday...

so all in all my supra is not going anywhere :trampoline::yahoo: