The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My 1995 Billet 6765 Single Turbo

Ricky49

I have been thinking about this for a while and tried to change my mind but it always comes back to me thinking about selling it.

THE CAR

It's a 1995 TT6 I bought it from Garage Whifbitz as a present for the torture of getting married.

I had it about a year before it went full BPU and a Greddy 4'' FMIC, after that I found Lee P and SRD on my doorstep who then looked after the car servicing etc before another year past and I went single.

THE SPEC

All work was carried out by Lee P of SRD to his usual high standards.

Stock short block

Super Spark coil packs

SRD Stage 2 Cams

Brian Crower Single Valve Springs

Titanium retainers

TRD front strut brace

Whifbitz Setrab 16 row oil cooler

HKS Manifold

Greddy Inlet manifold

Q45 Throttle body

Turbocharger & Induction:

Precision Turbo 6765 Journal 1.00 A/R turbo

HKS II 60mm Wastegate

PHR 4'' Intake and Filter

Greedy 3 row fmic

Greedy alloy top radiator hose

Greedy Type R BOV

SRD Radiator

TRD stat

Fuel, Tuning & ECU:

Syvecs SG6 ECU

3.5bar map sensor

Aeromotive FPR

Aeromotive high flow filter

2x Walbro fuel pumps

SRD Fuel lines

Twin feed Fuel rail

Injector Dynamic 2200cc injectors

PHR Triple fuel pump hanger

NGK irdium spark plugs

Exhaust:

HKS TI 4'' exhaust

HKS DP

Blitz midpipe

Drivetrain:

OEM Fly Wheel

RPS Stage 3 clutch with street disc

Weight Reduction & Transfer:

N/A

Suspension, Wheels, Tires & Brakes:

Poterfield R4S Front and Rear Pads UK spec

KAD 356mm 6pot fronts

KAD 4pot rear calipers with Stoptech OEM drilled discs

Ohlins with Eibach springs

Goodridge braided brake lines

Advans RS 18x9 and 18x10 ET35

Interior & ICE:

Bride Leather seats

OMP steering wheel with quick release boss

Chrome dial surrounds

JL Audio 6.5 inch speakers front and back

Pioneer Amp

Pioneer Amp

Alpine Sub

SRD sourced/built sub box

Kenwood double din head unit

Apexi Oil pressure gauge

Apexi Oil Temp gauge

Apexi Fuel Pressure gauge

Apexi EGT gauge

Apexi Electronic Boost Gauge (not fitted yet)

AEM AFR gauge

Carbon fibre cam cover

APR carbon cooling plate

Exterior:

Toyota aftermarket side skirts and rear spats

Clear front and side indicators

Rear Facelift lights

Front Facelift lights

The car has the usual scratches of a car this age would but I am very pleased with how it looks.

My build thread

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?227597-Ricky49-Precision-Billet-6765SP-Single-Turbo-Conversion-Build

I will post some pictures up tomorrow as Im on my phone at the moment.

The car does need to get the ID2000's mapped better by Ryan but I will have this done before the car is sold.

£16,000

I have to admit it bud but I just don't feel it anymore. I prefered it been BPU at least it worked.

I got it back in January and it wasn't right (no ones fault) just a bad choice with the injectors, then Ive had it 5 months of going backwards and forwards trying to sort it out. Yes I know it's part of the game but I just wanted to get in the car, drive it have fun and enjoy it.

That's what makes me want to sell it I'm not enjoying it.

I can't thank Lee and Ryan enough for what they have put into the car and time and effort fault finding my fuelling problem.

Ricky

The thought of selling has crossed my mind before too and now with the engine issues it that time again. More than funds its the constant backwards and forwards that puts me off as I simply don't have the time nor the patience to deal with it - so I appreciate exactly where you are coming from.

Just do remember what sort of performance this car is capable of and that it will be very hard to find anything that matches it within a similar price bracket or even twice that with the comfort and reliability of a Toyota.

Whatever you decide, ensure that you take your time and avoid making a rash decision.

As Imi says, don't make a rash decision - it's often *very* hard to find as clean, straight, and well-maintained car as the one you'd sell (especially if it's an almost 20 year old sportscar!) if you regret the sale. Not only that, but unfortunately down-time is a part of the game if you're making 600+ (my own car was off the road for 18 months with its build, due to bad luck and unforeseen problems) ... which only makes the finished article that much more special. Hope you decide to keep the car.

No it's my best mate brother, he used to run a fibreglass body Pulsar with over 500bhp down the strip.

He broke his back in an accident and he will have to have all the pedal arrangemnt change as he can't move his ankles. The guy that built his Pulsar will most likely be doing all the work for him.

Next for me god knows, clear some bills and maybe next year try a find an already built monster, something like the old Envy Demo Supra would be nice

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.