The mkiv Supra Owners Club

London Tube explosions

Scoboblio

Guest Terry S
I wonder whether that was done to avoid a panic, Neil?

If you say there's been a power surge, people are less likely to panic and thus are easier to evacuate/move. Mention a bomb and people will panic.

:yeahthat:

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe not simulatious, but they were on a much bigger scale, remember when they totally mullered the City?

Yeah, but only 2 people were killed IIRC, and one of those was a reporter who went in past police lines. Buildings can be rebuilt.

I think a lot of the reason why this is getting more coverage is that there are a lot more media outlets for people to garner information. Back during those IRA attacks very few people had mobiles, the internet was in its infancy, etc. If you weren't sat in front of a TV or listening to the radio, you wouldn't have heard about the attack until you sat down to watch the evening news.

Just a quick note as well as thoughts for anyone involved in this mess - the mobile phone networks have simply been configured to give priority to emergency services and those involved in the alert directly. At time like this people tend to speculate a great deal which in turn leads to hysteria, try to work on the facts as they come out, that way nobody gets concerned without reason.

Can't believe it..

Just busy watching Blair on the BBC....

The home town has had a bomb attack and he is flying down to london for a quick 'chat', then going back to the G8...

HELLLOOO, poverty is a sad thing... but home is here, sort out your own house first before worrying about others...

:yeahthat:

just said he'll be in london for a couple of hours...... might be waiting for Bush to tell him what to do.

Sometimes its better having your enemies under your control rather than watch them fester away at arms length.

Sadly there is no easy answer to this. No doubt the people who carried out these attacks had been in the UK for some time.

The home town has had a bomb attack and he is flying down to london for a quick 'chat', then going back to the G8...

HELLLOOO, poverty is a sad thing... but home is here, sort out your own house first before worrying about others...

It's not quite that simple when your country is playing host to one of the largest political events of the year...and not just about poverty remember, that's just the bit that got all the attention for obvious reasons.

It's not like he'll be of use to do anything in London anyway?!

Until the entire worl get behind hunting down terrorists there is nothing that can be done.

Plus with politics and religeon involved lets face it this is going to happen again. I hate to say it but hopefully this will give people in this country and the world a wake up call!!

Mobile phone networks now coming up.....

kill the terrorists find out who there familys are and deport them with out any questions give them one day to pack there thinks then go or stay and be imprisond for supporting terrorists.

I agree, also bring out a law similar to the 'inciting racial hatred' one and lock up anyone that comments in favour of these acts......................Ooh no, the lefties won't allow it!

ID cards are a waste of time, they'll forge them. Shut the borders down and let in a select few.

Wake up it's time to protect our country from attacks such as this as well as preventing it from financial ruin.

Enough of this PC crap, look after No.1

Paul

I agree Paul. Totally agree. We care too much about what other countries think of Britain. All this PC shit has got to go.

I find it hard to beleive that we have to think up new names for things because the old names are un-PC, but surely in time these new names will become un-PC? Once all the thickos realise it's them we are referring to as mentally challenged?

(Just my little rant about PC)

Guest Usmann A

Was just about to go into central,edgware road,was on my way, and working in aldgate tm. :eek:

I wont go into the terrorist thing, etc, blah ... it just gets heated up. :blahblah:

I wonder whether that was done to avoid a panic, Neil?

If you say there's been a power surge, people are less likely to panic and thus are easier to evacuate/move. Mention a bomb and people will panic.

I know what you mean mate, but having spoken to people in London, they were under no misconceptions right from the off that it was terrorist. So surely they would be the ones wanting to avoid panic, but seems most Londoners thought it anyway :confused:

As did most of the country no doubt if we're honest?!