The mkiv Supra Owners Club

London Tube explosions

Scoboblio

I just turned down a work contract in Jeddah. The money would have set me up for a long time, but I would rather be safe at the end of the day.

edited - Yes I still feel safer here

A wise move. I spent a yeah in Riyadh and left shortly after the invasion of Iraq. Before that I had to check my car for bombs every day but it was more routine than anything else. Afterwards though the whole atmosphere changed, things turned quite hostile. There were several shootings and then the compound bombings which a few of my mates were caught up in, but thankfully weren't injured.

Now it's not only the anti west attitude but the whole position of the Royal Family is being questioned. I don't think it'll be long before theres a civil war there and that's not something you want to be involved in, especially as the British Government will do absolutely NOTHING to help you over there...

The money's tempting but it's just not worth the risk.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sympathy for all those involved.

People are very niave to think that the public will ever actually find out the truth about such attacks. We are only told what we are allowed to hear and to be fair, its nearly always a mile from the truth. Agencies etc dont allow the real / important facts to leak out. People would panic. All IMO.

Just read your link chipmunk. Why dont we fu*k these people off out of here. They are all cowards. If they want a fight, let their Mujahideen take on the British Army, leave innocent people out of it.

Its plain to see these people are openly taking the piss out of our benefits system. This must stop now.

:yeahthat:

it's important to remember that people who do this are breakaway factions from Islam, pretty much all "normal" muslims have condemned the attacks. there was an interesting caller on This Morning (nothin better to watch!) who pretty much summed it up as did that president of the Islam society - they are the Muslim version of the BNP.

p.s. and no i'm not a Muslim, i don't believe in god. my mum's a muslim and my dad's hindu - and yeah that's controversial enough on it's own

I dont paint everyone with the same brush. People should be able to follow whichever faith they choose (for me, Faith out of Buffy the vampire slayer! :D ). My point was that we allow known extremists to live here & this is wrong. :scare:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/londonnews/articles/10329634?version=1

Made me grit my teeth when reading this again today

:shrug:

I didn't read it all, pissed me off too much, i take it the reporter recorded their conversation due to the quotes used, why the hell didn't he go and get a copper to arrest these people and use the recording as evidence against them to deport them, they are clear a threat to the UK. I know theres the freedom of speech and stuff but for fukc sake you can't just sit in a cafe in a public place and openly talk about shite like that - the nerve of them!!! fukcing wa*kers !!! If they hate it so much why the hell are they here ?!?! if they had their own way and destroy the civilised western way who would pay their benefits??? :complain:

am i missing something, if anyone disagrees please enlighten me, i'm not up for a row i genuinely need to be educated cos i don't understand these people. :giveup:

Prior to seeing the group at the fastfood restaurant, Sayful meets me at his semi-detached rented home in Bury Park, Luton's Muslim neighbourhood. He no longer works, even though he is able-bodied, he admits, preferring instead to claim housing benefit and jobseeker's allowance. He smiles sheepishly and says the irony is not lost on him that the British state is supporting him financially, even as he plots to "overthrow it".

"I made a decision that I wanted to follow what Islam really said," Sayful begins, sitting on his sofa in his thowb (a traditional robe) and bare feet. "I went to listen to all the local imams, but I found their portrayal of Islam was too secularised. When I heard Sheikh Omar [the leader] of al-Muhajiroun speak, it was pure Islam, with no compromise. I found that appealing. - well sod off to Islam and do it then!!

Surely he has admitted that "He no longer works, even though he is able-bodied, he admits, preferring instead to claim housing benefit and jobseeker's allowance." The benefits afforded to him should be stopped immediately.

I've spoken to my muslim friends at great length about this, and they are disgusted by the behaviour of some of their 'brothers'...

The koran in its purest form is one of peace... but then the christian sects can't aruge either really.... look at the crusades...

Just a sad state of events, I'm so glad I'm an aethist sometimes, religion is always twisted to suit someone's aim...

Gav

I've spoken to my muslim friends at great length about this, and they are disgusted by the behaviour of some of their 'brothers'...

The koran in its purest form is one of peace... but then the christian sects can't aruge either really.... look at the crusades...

Just a sad state of events, I'm so glad I'm an aethist sometimes, religion is always twisted to suit someone's aim...

Gav

when you put it that way...

American wiping out the native indians, Australians and New Zealand wiping out their too etc..

Just seems different for it to be happening on our turf in the 21st century tho...

Not excusing it, but the crusades happened hundreds of years ago. Thought this was a more civilised society nowdays?

I do agree Gav, religion can be twisted to suit someones aim, its all in the way the text is read/understood.

American wiping out the native indians, Australians and New Zealand wiping out their too etc..

No doubt... but when you look at it from an outsider point of view, we simply say 'What a tradegy' and gloss over it, but when it happens in your own back yard it suddenly becomes a real issue because it hits a nerve...

Sad world we live in really isn't it...

Gav

religion can be twisted to suit someones aim, its all in the way the text is read/understood.

I remember hearing something in a comedy and it struck home for me...

Went along the lines of the first page of the bible/koran whatever you prefer being found with the phrase 'To my dearest Marge, please enjoy this story'

How amusing that would be...

PC comment : I apologise for those with religious beliefs and I'm not attempting to mock them, just make a point

:yeahthat: :funny:

I remember hearing something in a comedy and it struck home for me...

Went along the lines of the first page of the bible/koran whatever you prefer being found with the phrase 'To my dearest Marge, please enjoy this story'

True you will always get extremists and people have the right to follow their own beliefs. That DOES NOT mean we have to put up with it or allow these people to live along side us.

One answer and one answer only. If you do not support Britain or do not contribute to the good of the Country and those that live here FUCK OFF!

RELIGION IMO is the biggest cause of Hatred and Violence the world over

and was only invented to control people in the first place. I personally think its backfired and has now become more useful as a weapon for these Bastards to twist to their own means.

All IMO of course........

Dave

True you will always get extremists and people have the right to follow their own beliefs. That DOES NOT mean we have to put up with it or allow these people to live along side us.

One answer and one answer only. If you do not support Britain or do not contribute to the good of the Country and those that live here FUCK OFF!

RELIGION IMO is the biggest cause of Hatred and Violence the world over

and was only invented to control people in the first place. I personally think its backfired and has now become more useful as a weapon for these Bastards to twist to their own means.

All IMO of course........

Dave

Religion has been the cause of most of the wars in history.