The mkiv Supra Owners Club

London Tube explosions

Scoboblio

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blair is a good P.M. It's ignorant to blaim him or think that he or anyone for that matter could've seen this coming. Bush is no puppeteer. Blair has no problems telling him that he's f*ckin it up. Tougher rules on immigration, a closer look at who's living in the country, better intelligence (which costs money) on those outside the country, identification that can't be faked, and strict concequences for those that don't have it. Do all that, and you still won't be safe as long as there are extremists and people who want to do others harm and hurt/kill civilians.

1) If you dont love,cherrish and support this country get the hell out.

2) Why we give handouts to people who openly hate us i will never know.

3) Burns my blood how political refugees can travel through several countries to get to us for safe haven, could it be we are a soft touch?

Here Here, i was only going past Kings cross and Edgware Road station at 8:30 this morning after a night shift. I havn't read all the posts yet but this is totally fucked up. It's gotta be the only time that i have agreed with Ken livingstone. I know quite a few people now who have been caught up amoungst todays disater and thank god so far no one was hurt. It brings a tear to my eye looking at the pictures on the telly.

Garethr, i think your missing my point. If your a political refugee surely you need to get away from the country your in rather than traveling through several countries to get to the UK. As for what language I/they speak that should have no bearing on my beliefs or what country i am safe in

I would aim for a country thats a soft touch that i know i can screw for a few bob, not bother putting anything back in, maybe stay there a while and then invite my whole family over. Once they are there i would like to be able to claim benefits for them as well. Oh, i would also like to be able to bad mouth that country without the worry of being deported or shot.

Know of anywhere?? :rolleyes:

"Britain is now burning with fear, terror and panic in its northern, southern, eastern, and western quarters."

That's typical media nonsense to fill space...

"Britain is now burning with rage." would be more to the point and accurate.

It really isn`t a day to be talking politics and you`ll never all agree anyway.

I just want to say that my deepest sympathies go out to the families of the people killed and to the injured and how proud I am of our emergency services who carried on their work regardless of their own safety. It takes a brave person to go into a dark smokey hole to help people out when you`re unaware if there is another bomb waiting to go off.

Absolutely disgusted, dejected & shocked. I am amazed that something as big as this can happen on the same day as the G8 when one would expect the country to be on its guard.

I dont know how they will be able to regain our confidence in the authorities again.

Lets hope that they think twice before making another gun ho decision.

Thoughts go out to the effected families and the rescue workers.

To all londeners, keep off the streets and let the authorities help the injured.

A terrible day. My sympathy and best wishes go out to those involved.

I just can't understand what terrorists hope to achieve? It's not as if the government is going to turn around and say "Oh sorry yes your right we are doing things wrong - sorry, we'll buck our ideas up". Especially in todays curent situation of wars against terrorism.

It's just pure hatred. People who who hate the fact that other people want to live in peace. Why can't people just let others get on with their lives the way that they want? Don't get me wrong, we're (The British/Western world) just as bad in many cases. I just can't understand how a group of people can feel happy about taking anothers life for any reason. Just can't understand it...

I would aim for a country thats a soft touch that i know i can screw for a few bob, not bother putting anything back in, maybe stay there a while and then invite my whole family over. Once they are there i would like to be able to claim benefits for them as well. Oh, i would also like to be able to bad mouth that country without the worry of being deported or shot.

Know of anywhere?? :rolleyes:

Bloody well said.

The problem is so simple, not a race issue, you can't keep draining the system with people not or never having contributed it'll eventually collapse and then they'll move on from this third world country to fleece another.

It boils down to whether we all like being made a c*nt of? Unfortunatly it seems most are more than happy to be.

with the amount of tax I am paying I don't think they are in a hurry to move on. I think the police and medic got it right this time.

I was working at Chancery Lane when they were doing a drill on terror attack on the tube a few years back and I thought lets hope they won't need to do that in real.

I think the police and medic got it right this time.

I was working at Chancery Lane when they were doing a drill on terror attack on the tube a few years back and I thought lets hope they won't need to do that in real.

Well that's thanks to my parents/grandparents for helping with their taxes over the years to pay for the development of the services :thanks:

Absolutely disgusted, dejected & shocked. I am amazed that something as big as this can happen on the same day as the G8 when one would expect the country to be on its guard.

I dont know how they will be able to regain our confidence in the authorities again.

Lets hope that they think twice before making another gun ho decision.

WTF have the authorities done wrong? Its the murdering bastards and their psycho supporters who have done this!

Lets see everyone condemn this action - without caveats- every person, every colour, every creed, every religious and social leader

WTF have the authorities done wrong?

referring to their stupid gun-ho policies in attacking some and invading others all in the name of "attack against terrorism" OR weapons of mass unavailability

Terrorism my arse....as if it were that simple....now theyve put us in the line of fire.

anyway, keep this on topic and start another thread if you want to talk about it.

It was only a matter of time before London was hit, tragic as it is, it's been on the cards for a while.

It's foreign policy that's made the UK a target and it's something we have to live with.

I'm waiting to see what happens in Saudi over the next few years....

Considering the location and timing of the attacks, the death toll could of been much much higher.... Agree with imi and nick... the british government being a poodle for the bush administration and a "partner in the war on terror" has put the uk in the firing line... question now is... is there anything that can be done to stop this happening again?

I'm waiting to see what happens in Saudi over the next few years....

I just turned down a work contract in Jeddah. The money would have set me up for a long time, but I would rather be safe at the end of the day.

edited - Yes I still feel safer here