The mkiv Supra Owners Club

London Tube explosions

Scoboblio

Mate, not need to go off the handle. it was merely a comment. Its a very very sad day for the whole country, i just feel that the coutnry as a whole could be run a whole lot better and situations like these may be avoided with stricter laws on illegal immigrants and known terrorists etc. Blair IMO just isnt up to the job, he arse licks Bush too much.

Chill out.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said that the people who did this were illegal immigrants or were known to the police? Do you know things the police dont, sounds like you're just reading the usual stereotypical xenophobic junk out of he Sun newspaper.

Im not having a go at you personally but seriously you have to think about these things with a more open mind.

I can't go into details about how Police deal with suicide bombers, but alot of liason was done a few years ago with the Isreali security services, and even they can't stop suicide attacks from happening.

I can't agree more with Doug, due to the fact that I have jewish ties thru my old school, and a great deal of my friends went into the israeli army..

The israeli army is probably the best in the world at dealing with these kind of things, Mossad do everything they can, and if even they can't stop some bloke walking around with a plastic bag then what chance do people have...

Think about the figures, how many people enter london daily... lets say 4 of those are carrying a bag with an explosive device... how many routes into london???

Short of putting up a martial law style access control, you can't ever control it..

Such is life, as unpleasant as it may be

Who said that the people who did this were illegal immigrants or were known to the police? Do you know things the police dont, sounds like you're just reading the usual stereotypical xenophobic junk out of he Sun newspaper.

Im not having a go at you personally but seriously you have to think about these things with a more open mind.

Well im not getting into an argument with you on a day like this. :grouphug:

I know it isn't much, but I would like to put £20 into a club fund so we can make a donation to someone like the salvation army for the work they have done today in the name of the club

I think thats a fantastic idea.

Not only would we be helping those who have suffered in this tragic event but also get ourselves better known.

Im game

where did you hear this mate??

Friend on another Cluib (celica club) works there, it apparently happened in full view of some workers, his wife's boss being one of them.... As I said uncomfirmed as of yet.

Al Qaeda terrorists claimed responsibility for the London blasts on an Islamic website and said: "Britain is now burning with fear, terror and panic in its northern, southern, eastern, and western quarters."

That makes me feel sick, who do they think they are!

Climbs on soap box

1) If you dont love,cherrish and support this country get the hell out.

2) Why we give handouts to people who openly hate us i will never know.

3) Burns my blood how political refugees can travel through several countries to get to us for safe haven, could it be we are a soft touch?

Climbs off box.

Sorry for that rant, subject just burns me up. :complain:

My feelings go out to all those caught up in it.

Donation is a great idea! :clap:

As terrible as todays events where the explosion in City/Bank area of London by the IRA years back was by far worse. That day I'd been doing multidrop deliveries all round that area and was just getting on the M1 when it happened. Just an hour earlier and I would have been in that one.

The first thing that I thought when I saw this on the news about 10am was that at least it was conventional explosions and not "dirty" bombs or chemical!

They may not have used as many explosives, or destroyed so many buildings, but they didn't give any warnings, they struck at people rather than buildings, and the loss of life is much worse, so I cannot fathom how it could be conceived as less "terrible"?

lets face it, if they wanted to cause more damage and have bigger explosions they could have easily done it, I think it was more to cause havoc and chaos rather than to do serious damage to a large amount of people. That said I still feel for the 45 people who have died and their loved ones.

What a day. I was supposed to be up at McKesson this morning, luckily for me the train only got as far as East Croydon on my journey up to King's Cross!! Lucky for me I over slept today. I feel really strange at the moment :( Went back to the office and carried on as normal, TBH I didnt even find out what had happened until then, I presumed it was a crash somewhere. Nice to find my wife hasnt even txt'd me to see if I'm alive! I feel washed out, I'm off to the sofa with the cats.

political refugees can travel through several countries to get to us for safe haven, could it be we are a soft touch?

The British Empire was the largest in modern times, and English is the world language.

Therefore, if you are a refugee there's a good chance that you come from a country that was once part of the British Empire, and if you speak a second language it's probably English.

Where would you aim for?