The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone with experience of Porsche 911 Carrera (996) please?

kill1308

Hi all,

A friend of mine is currently looking for a 911 Carrera (996 shape). He's going to look at a '97 3.4 manual tomorrow and I said I'd go with him as a second pair of eyes. I was wondering if anyone had any experience of these cars and knew of anything to watch out for?

I managed to download a buying guide, but I know there's a few Porsche lovers on here so I thought I'd throw up a post... any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

Been in a 996C2 and C4 - utterly boring interiors, looks dated and a bit of a rip off for the price of the car (when new), even the exterior looks horrible, desperately need the Aero Kit (which I believe was an option with the Turbo).

Personally I preferred the C2 over the C4, plenty of grip, great traction off the lights, C4 seemed underpowered.

i'd certainly consider the 997 over the 996 - if it really has to be a 911 - personally think they are way too common.

I test drove one of these with the view of getting one and I hated it, as IMI said, the inteior actually makes the Supra's look plush, but also the driving position just felt wrong, not quite sure how to explain it but I felt almost detatched from the car and unless he is looking for a turbo then the acceleration leaves much to be desired.

Ok thanks for the feedback guys... went today to see one and it wasn't all that great really, was best to walk away. Lovely cars in my opinion though, interior is dated yes but what 90's car isn't :D

supra :)

supra :)

We'll have to disagree on that one, I think the Supra interior is very dated ;) :)

911 post 1997, the only way mate...

I'm guessing by the car in your avatar that you mean pre 97? Is that a 993 you have? Can't quite see it in enough detail. 993 is my favourite Porsche of all time, I even prefer those to the new ones. :)

Guest wantthatone

yes matey, i run a nice 993 rs

my mistake post 97, forget them! anything pre 97 holds the good money if well cared for....