The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Yellow Bilsteins too high?

Mace

This might be an odd post but when my original toyota drivers rear shock passed away I was advised the best shocks to get if I didn't want coilovers (seemed pointless on an N/A) was the 'yellow' Bilsteins. So went out and got a set, they wern't the toyota badged Bilsteins just a set direct from manufacturer. On the box it had in the usage section 'Heavy Duty' which I thought was fine but when fitted the car rides higher than a transit van especially the front end. After reading a few posts on lowering springs is it possible these are just for the heavy TT version? :rolleyes:

As I understand it there has been a change to either the damper length or the circlip groove positioning somewhere along the line with the aftermarket yellow Billies.

Are you able to take a measurement off them from say the lower mount hole centre up to the circlip groove? I have an old front one at home and I could do the same as a check....

If the groove is of then you can get a second one machined in to drop your ride height.

Its the original springs on there.. but i've checked it over with my neighbour and to my supprise one of the collars off the rear is on the front and vice versa so my car is on a slant. This could be a right pain they've been on months hope its not knackered something.. Got to pay to get it sorted now as the company that fitted them is not even there now as I was going to buy tein springs off them.. Cant do anything to this car without something being a problem...

Its the original springs on there.. but i've checked it over with my neighbour and to my supprise one of the collars off the rear is on the front and vice versa so my car is on a slant. This could be a right pain they've been on months hope its not knackered something.. Got to pay to get it sorted now as the company that fitted them is not even there now as I was going to buy tein springs off them.. Cant do anything to this car without something being a problem...

What do you mean by collar?

There is a alloy looking collor when the shocks were in the box that you just slide on down to the circlip, the fronts were flat and the rears have a step in it. one of my fronts has a step and one of the rears is flat..

its not the car with the problem, normally the people that work on them

Definatly

They look like this:

Edited by Mace (see edit history)

mt bad its not flat... The part that is supposed to sit on the circlip is facing into the spring and the stepped bit is resting on the circlip! he has fitted two of them upside down!!

Dont know about the circlip groove its an image from ebay usa