The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra tuning help

dodgydave13

this could just be my thoughts but this conversion is looking like 15k atm! why dont u just buy one done for 12k and call it a day?

Its atleast that and thats if block is good to go and not other accidents or bad installs on the way. People always talk sh*t saying you can do it for 5k bla bla. To do it properly will cost you atleast 12k. I agree.

fmc £1000

turbo £2000

manifold £1500

exhaust £600

injectors £800

Pumps £200

auto box £2500

ECU £2000 minimum

Injector rail and fuel setup £1000

rear lsd £1000

big brakes £2500

wastegate £400

solenoid £50

Big Rad £300

Cooler £100

Tyres £1000

FPR £180

CAms £500

Timing belt and cam vernier pulleys £400

DLI £400

Map sensor £80

afr setup £200

various gages £400

tuning £500+

Fuel to tune £100

probably more but too tired now.

Engine rebuild, asking a used high mileage engine from a scrapper to suddenly accept 600 BHP is too much to hope for. So rebore, pistons, rod crack and straightness test, new rod bolts, might as well use ARP ones, crank check and polish (if you are lucky, if not find another crank if the oil seal has worn a groove on its snout, or the journals are worn). A new oil pump, water pump, engine gasket set, valve reseat, lap and re shim, new stem seals, probably a set of cams, I'd put a new set of valve springs in it, new bearing shells, new core plugs, blah blah. Done properly it's easy to spend £20K +

Engine rebuild, asking a used high mileage engine from a scrapper to suddenly accept 600 BHP is too much to hope for. So rebore, pistons, rod crack and straightness test, new rod bolts, might as well use ARP ones, crank check and polish (if you are lucky, if not find another crank if the oil seal has worn a groove on its snout, or the journals are worn). A new oil pump, water pump, engine gasket set, valve reseat, lap and re shim, new stem seals, probably a set of cams, I'd put a new set of valve springs in it, new bearing shells, new core plugs, blah blah. Done properly it's easy to spend £20K +

I agree, done it and have the sore Ars*ole to prove:)