The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Looks terminal, any idea whats happened here then........

Wez

We were trying to work out what happened.

He was on the motorway, dropped a gear and did a pull which quickly resulted in lots of smoke :(

It was on normal unleaded, not sure if that would make a difference though.

ahhhhh ive been here before,had an rsvr 2002 02 bottom end went then did exactly the same thing as here,i can honestly say its was a s#it bike and 100% the worse ive had by far and for a 1000cc very very slow.i did solve the problem though and got a gsxr1000 :)

ahhhhh ive been here before,had an rsvr 2002 02 bottom end went then did exactly the same thing as here,i can honestly say its was a s#it bike and 100% the worse ive had by far and for a 1000cc very very slow.i did solve the problem though and got a gsxr1000 :)

Strange that my Mille R was prob the best bike ive ever had and with the gearing changed had no problem sitting up the arse of GSXR 1000's down the back straight at Snetterton.

Strange that my Mille R was prob the best bike ive ever had and with the gearing changed had no problem sitting up the arse of GSXR 1000's down the back straight at Snetterton.

as i said i hated mine and can honestly say my zx6r i had i liked more.ive got a mate with one at the moment and his is no where near my other pals gsxr750 never mind 1000 so this gearing change may be of interest to him if thats the results

Wheres the valve seat ??? Has that come out and caused the problem?

Is that these things?

On the good side there is a guide like part protruding into the inlet area, on the side thats seen better days one is completely gone and the other is partly broken away, this is actually what I think might be in the air box area as the bits are similar in shape and size.

GOOD Side

attachment.php?attachmentid=133453&d=1306609809

Other side

attachment.php?attachmentid=133454&d=1306609809

The valve seat is what the valve sits on in the chamber, you wont be able to spot it in that mangled mess in the first pic lol

Exactly it looks like its dropped out, this can be due to a lot of heat in the chamber.

Exactly it looks like its dropped out, this can be due to a lot of heat in the chamber.

Ahh I see, I am wondering if it had anything to do with him running normal unleaded, are these bikes supposed to be ok regular 95ron or should you use super?

as i said i hated mine and can honestly say my zx6r i had i liked more.ive got a mate with one at the moment and his is no where near my other pals gsxr750 never mind 1000 so this gearing change may be of interest to him if thats the results

I had exhaust and airbox and a chip of somesort plus the gearing, in a straight line a stock mille will not stay with a 1000, round bends its a diff matter, especially a tight track like the woodland section of Cadwell where I could leave it in 1 gear while the guy on the 600 looked like Lionel Blair tap dancing on the gear lever, I went one down on the front and even 1 up as well on the back depending on circuit, At snet I was almost redlining 6th down the back straight just before braking for the left hander, my mates gsxr may well have been still in 5th but I could just ride round the outside of him even at Coram which is 130+ knee down. I also crashed at Coram when i had a fuel leak, the instructor on his proddy R1 came to see me and said he couldn't believe how quick the bike was as he could not get past me !!!!!!