The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Giant American Trucks

Supragal

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at an American Importers in Manchester not long ago buying a Mustang for a m8... they had in a wicked looking mid size pickup.... Dodge Dakota something or other - it had a supercharger and I think 4wd. Worth investigating? Really looked the part!

Cheers,

Brian.

I was at an American Importers in Manchester not long ago buying a Mustang for a m8... they had in a wicked looking mid size pickup.... Dodge Dakota something or other - it had a supercharger and I think 4wd. Worth investigating? Really looked the part!

Cheers,

Brian.

Sounds interesting... can you remember how much it cost in the UK on the road?

Sounds interesting... can you remember how much it cost in the UK on the road?
Soz I can't remember - would just be guessing :shrug:

I tred to look it up but just keep coming across the new 2005 model Dakota which is $30,000 brand new in American showrooms with the hi output V8 option and 4WD (also available in 2WD).

I have looked at the Yank ones before and they beautifal and pretty etc, but very pricey. Looked also at the UK pickups, would have to be the Nissan Navara over the Mitsi L200 warrior. Just Google the navara and you will find loads on kits for them thats look pretty damn cool IMO.

All I know is that SVA is supposed to be a piece of pi$$ for yank SUVs, because they already have tighter emissions laws than us (and much more so than Japan).

Actually I do have more to add - saw an F150 Lightning this lunchtime. It was really big and ugly. :p

By the time you've paid all the duties, you're often better finding a 2nd hand one already in this country that's for sale. That way you get to test drive it first and you don't have all the hassle of importing it yourself.

Bauer Millet aren't cheap, by the way.

By the time you've paid all the duties, you're often better finding a 2nd hand one already in this country that's for sale. That way you get to test drive it first and you don't have all the hassle of importing it yourself.

I was figuring that the price would still reflect that intitial cost though. Ahh well, it's nothing immediate anyway but I guess it explains why we don't see more of them about.

Hummer... where I am at the moment, i'm surrounded by bloody Hummers, some versions are fecking huge - not the namby-pamby H2/H3's that are based on other GM trucks, the proper military versions, which run on Jet Fuel :D Out here they come with the optional extras - 50 cal chain gun, or 8 missile launchers mounted on the back, or the 3" amour plating...

:p