The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Giant American Trucks

Supragal

Anyone know anything about the importing process? Can you get second hand ones (like Supras) or are the all imported new?

What options are there? I love the look of the Lightning but I'm only really interested in 4wd. Any forums to hunt around for pics?

What about servicing and parts are they a nightmare to get or is it like with Supes?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've been looking into getting a Corvette. We were told that buying brand new out in the states and getting it imported means you have to pay American tax (this is for Corvette dealers mind). The deal is you get someone in the states to "buy" it so the American tax is paid (you pay the American tax as the original "buyer" obviously won't), they then "sell" it to you, then you get import duty and then VAT.

Apparently if the dealers sell direct to outside the US they stand to lose their franchise.

Just sounds like a whole lot of tax if you ask me :(

So basically the reason Supes are cheaper is because theres less tax involved? Nice. So I'm wanting to buy second hand, surely that changes things?

Matt- I wouldn't have a manufactureres warranty on 2nd hand anyway, any ideas how much the process costs?

And it would HAVE to be 4wd. I'd want it to tow my horses around etc!

So then why else would you need a big american truck? :) Poser! ;)

Seriously though, for your best towing capability you've got 2 choices, Dodge Ram, or a Chevy with a Duramax Diesel, and allison tramsmission. Then you can tow boats and all sorts of crap with ease.

So then why else would you need a big american truck? :) Poser! ;)

Seriously though, for your best towing capability you've got 2 choices, Dodge Ram, or a Chevy with a Duramax Diesel, and allison tramsmission. Then you can tow boats and all sorts of crap with ease.

Ok, here's the score. I own a horse and potentially might get another one to compete on at some point, so need to be able to tow a large double horse trailer once a week or so. I also need to be able to drive in fields and on muddy slippery bumpy groud hense the 4wd, regardless of if I get another horse or not.

But, being as I am, I can't have a normal solution, I want a bling pick up thingy, because the look cool and go like stink the 6 days that I'm not towing anything :)