The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Google Earth

AJI

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic program. Downloaded it a week ago but only discovered tonight you can tilt the view instead of looking at it straight-down.

I think I found my supra as well!!!

http://www.compsoc.man.ac.uk/~jamesg/misc/supeatwork.jpg

Anyone found area 51 on this yet? I remember it had been found on the NASA one.

They used to have a high resolution shot of it, but it seems to have been 'downgraded' to a low res one. I have the original shot saved, it doesn't show too much more detail, but you get an impression of the size of the place!

so.. does anybody know what this little bit of land in the middle is? is it owned by any nation or not? How long do you reckon 'til it's covered with water?

and the big cirle.. look at that big cliff -type thing. did that all used to be land not long ago? When did it stop becoming land and become sea? Did everyone just up sticks and move?

http://www2.css-networks.com/earth.jpg

and the big cirle.. look at that big cliff -type thing. did that all used to be land not long ago? When did it stop becoming land and become sea? Did everyone just up sticks and move?

Its the continental shelf. Basicaly an extension of the continent but underwater.

think ive found the wall :eyebrows: took some bloody finding!! easy point to find it is between 'gou chi' and 'huama chi, or 37'42 North and 107'31 East.

Not 100% if this is the great wall but it goes for miles and miles, and... miles!! think it must be :shrug:

Nice image of Mt Everest...

Does anyone else think this programme makes the Earth seem really small. I mean how quickly when zooming in you can make out individual fields and things. Also amazed how easy it is to find places, even with place names turned off.

:looney:

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd see if I could find something moveable that was positively identifiable.

Found this at Anchorage Airport in Alaska. Got to be one of the clearest views at the best res. anywhere I've found around the globe.

Then I googled 'Boeing 747 with the number on the wing.

Whats in the Green Circle? Your Hotel?

I got some pics from the place when I went over this year, x-mas is a good time to go, VERY cold though :)

Theres a very nice Hilton Hotel to stay in at a affordable price down at the WTC site, but tbh that part of Manhattan is a little quiet.