The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Google Earth

AJI

Anyone seen this bit of software yet?

Type in 'Google Earth' into .... well.... google really.... and you should be able to download the beta version of some class world mapping and 3D terrain software.

It seems to have the WHOLE WORLD in 3D and some of the major cities even have all the buildings in 3D.

I've been playing with it most of the morning..... when I should have been working! oops... well it is slightly works related for me.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sakura
How big is the download? I can'y find the info anywhere. Our IT bods get a bit tetchy if the file size is larger than about 10mb.

They will hate this then - it says it's 200MB! ;)

Huh, mine was only a 10MB download, although it's grabbing data off the Google server. Did you manage to download everything?

This has gotta be one of the 10 coolest things I've ever seen. Just found the villa we stayed at in Florida back in May! :thumbs:

:looney:

Our company already uses aerial imagery of our part of the network..... but this software has it just as detailed in some areas. Especially London.

Out in the rural areas the resolution is not all that good ... but for what it is, it is bleeding excelent.

Our work only allows us 4hours of internet usage per week .... I'm going to get a warning from I.T. very soon and its only Wednesday! I've been playing around on this program all day .... I'll have to try and blag that it is research for work application.

Have just been checking out Nellis AFB in North Las Vegas - pretty cool for plane buffs, can make out F15s, F16s, A10s, B1s, C130s, KC135s, F18s, A4s, A6s, F5s and some F111s (how old are these satellite pics, I thought they phased them out long ago?!)

Moscow is in surprisingly good detail. By contrast Sydney is awful.

Have just been checking out Nellis AFB in North Las Vegas - pretty cool for plane buffs, can make out F15s, F16s, A10s, B1s, C130s, KC135s, F18s, A4s, A6s, F5s and some F111s (how old are these satellite pics, I thought they phased them out long ago?!)

Moscow is in surprisingly good detail. By contrast Sydney is awful.

LOL

Did the same at Fairford

Can you see the U2 spy plane!