The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single Turbo Auto - Precision T6262 Billet

Stonkin

The missfire issue has now been resolved, it starts perfectly and drives very well. The car has also been on thre ramps to be checked over underneath and all looks very good. I missed my slot for the mot whilst resolving the missfire and now have a very busy couple of weeks ahead with work and stag doos/weddings to attend. Therefore the mot has been rebooked for a week this Saturday. I will update once it has its certificate.

Christian

• 2 months later...

It seems the missfire issue when idling was not as sorted as i thought previously. The car does not want to start, if it does the ecu light comes on and it misses. It also does this with the emanage removed and only on stock. Stock ecu comes up with error code 14, ignition signal. Due to this i have not been able to get the car for an MOT. This would, i believe, have been the 3rd MOT i would have put the car through and all previously it sailed through with no issues.

I do not have the time to deal with this, i also genuinly believe it is going to be something very simple that is wrong. I have tried a few of the common things already. I also could really do with the garage space right now.

Therefore i am dropping the price to £6500 which is a bargain and will more than cover anyones costs of it starting correctly. I can most likely also arrange delivery of the vehicle within reason at the buyers expense

the misfire is probably down to the coil pack connectors or the coil packs themselves - wonder if you have looked into those.

at 6.5K the car is virtually free for the spec that it is, If it was running perfectly I would have expected this to be atleast twice that.

good luck with the sale.

EDIT - having read the spec again I would have said an easy 10K if you get the issue sorted.

Hi Imi, i agree that the car is very very cheap, but, it isnt starting and that will put a lot of people off, i know that. I would far rather sell the car as a working car, i really would. It makes it look like i dont care about the issue and that is far from the truth. I have spoken to Ryan on the phone quite a bit and have also seen Lee several times. Both of these guys have been great with advice and Lee has also been very kind to lend me various parts to try, but none have resolved it. I've reached my limits on what i am able to try myself and its difficlut to get someone down to mine to assist me as they are very busy, which i fully appreciate. I dropped the price to tempt someone to taking it on as my only other option is to get it trailored somewhere to be looked at, which i'm equally struggling with time wise. I thought the price drop would help the situation, but that just means even lower offers start coming in, which i just wont accept when you look at the spec of the car.

The car has had new plugs, the coil pack clips are all new late last year and the car has only done 100 miles or so since then, i have tested an ignitor pack and also coilpacks from Lee which didnt help. You can hear the fuel pump coming on with the ignition on and when plugs are removed to be checked which i have done several times they have been wet so fuel must be fine. I have removed the EMU and left it just with the stock ecu (just as a starting test) which is very easy to do as it has good fields harness's and it behaves the same. The stock ecu comes up with code 14 (ignition signal), The EMU displays an error when you connect via a laptop which says 'emanage ultimate incorrect 1ch ignition input signal and emanage ultimate incorrect 2ch ignition input signal' which Ryan says does not really explain anything as it is a generic type error.

Several weeks ago i removed each plug and tested they were sparking in the coilpacks by earthing them on the cam covers and they were. I have just now put my own coil packs back in after trying Lee's. It does actually start but is missing on more than 1 cylinder, low revs, coughs and spluts and cuts out.

I cant be anymore honest regarding the situation, i'm just at a loss as to what to try. Only thing that is left easy for me to replace is a stock auto ecu, if that could be at fault?

Christian

I cant be anymore honest regarding the situation, i'm just at a loss as to what to try. Only thing that is left easy for me to replace is a stock auto ecu, if that could be at fault?

Christian

Possibly you could, I had an FTO with a weird starting issues and it would only happen randomly.

After loads of fault diagnosing, it turned out to be the gearbox ECU. Basically if the main ECU doesn't know if the gearbox is in "Park" it wouldn't start.

Wish I had the funds to get this, you interested in a Facelift EP3 Type R :eyebrows:

Possibly you could, I had an FTO with a weird starting issues and it would only happen randomly.

After loads of fault diagnosing, it turned out to be the gearbox ECU. Basically if the main ECU doesn't know if the gearbox is in "Park" it wouldn't start.

Wish I had the funds to get this, you interested in a Facelift EP3 Type R :eyebrows:

I need the space really mate for other things, if it was something a bit more classical i might be interested :)

Would it not show codes that are specific to those sensors mate?

it could very much well do!

but going what you are saying the fault does look to be a timing thing

being

you have spark

you have fuel

just thought i would say posibly something to check

Have been out this afternoon to check all the ecu connectors and plugs. I found one connector on the double size plug in the fields harness that goes into the stock ecu that was pushed in about 5mm. I pushed the wire from the other side so it seated correctly and hoped that was it. Tried to start and wouldnt. Took all plugs out and they were wet so dried them off. Turned the engine over with no plugs and efi fuse out to dry anything off in there. Plugs back in, it started, low revs, coughed and splutts for 15 secs and cuts out.

Try another stock auto ecu?

Try another stock auto ecu?

That would be my bet.

Completely different setup but on my old manual NA-T I had the same problem. Replace leads, plugs, rotor arm, dizzy etc and was still the same.

Banged another stock ecu in and fired up first time and ran fine. The only thing that I could possibly think of that caused the ECU to malfunction was that not long before the problems I used jump leads off my other car on the Supra as the battery had gone flat while I was out the country. It was after this the problems started to occur so I'm guessing the current or something frazzled it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.