The mkiv Supra Owners Club

treadstone manifold for going single

davep

Hi

im just wondering if anyone has fitted a treadstone manifold and what there is there opinion

and what issues they had with them if any and im guessing there is a clash. im guessing there is a clash due to being LHD and not RHD

please see web page

http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/product.phtml?p=325&cat_key=52&prodname=Supra+2JZGTE+Turbo+Manifold

Hi

im just wondering if anyone has fitted a treadstone manifold and what there is there opinion

and what issues they had with them if any and im guessing there is a clash. im guessing there is a clash due to being LHD and not RHD

If you're just using the manifold I wouldn't have thought there'd be a problem on a RHD Supra, if it came with a downpipe designed for a LHD you may have problems; the issue on a RHD car is usually with the downpipe &/or IC pipe hitting the steering column/rack. If they don't do a RHD downpipe you would need to get a custom one fabricated. Do they supply IC pipes to be used with the manifold? If not you'd also need to fabricate one of these.

The wastegate opening in the manifold looks very small, it'll probably need machining bigger. What turbo are you intending to use and what is you power goal? It says 'for turbos supporting up to 1000hp' take that with a huge pinch of salt, the wastegate opening for a start would never be big enough for a turbo that could make that power - doesn't look big enough for even half that - 600hp+ would probably be okay on the manifold if the wastegate opening is machined, more than that and you'd be better with a tubular manifold

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

The wastegate opening in the manifold looks very small, it'll probably need machining bigger. What turbo are you intending to use and what is you power goal? It says 'for turbos supporting up to 1000hp' take that with a huge pinch of salt, the wastegate opening for a start would never be big enough for a turbo that could make that power - doesn't look big enough for even half that - 600hp+ would probably be okay on the manifold if the wastegate opening is machined, more than that and you'd be better with a tubular manifold

There's room for that wastegate port to go out to well over 40mm diameter Nic - that's bigger (and not to mention a shorter route and much nicer routing angle) than the majority of tubular manifolds on the market. I do agree it's crap in the "off the shelf" state though :)

Edited by dandan (see edit history)

If you're just using the manifold I wouldn't have thought there'd be a problem on a RHD Supra, if it came with a downpipe designed for a LHD you may have problems; the issue on a RHD car is usually with the downpipe &/or IC pipe hitting the steering column/rack. If they don't do a RHD downpipe you would need to get a custom one fabricated. Do they supply IC pipes to be used with the manifold? If not you'd also need to fabricate one of these.

i would like about 600 - 700 i was thinking a garret t04

i am intrested in the cast manifold as i have been explained that the tubular manifolds are prone to cracking and for the power levels im after there more than enough

That's a fantasitc post earlier Dan, very useful, might have to steel that for the Tech Discussions area if you don't mind? :)

No problem mate, which one do you mean though?

i am intrested in the cast manifold as i have been explained that the tubular manifolds are prone to cracking and for the power levels im after there more than enough

That's a lot of power especially if you're aiming more to the 700 area. You sure you want that much?

If you're edging above the 600bhp level you're going to struggle with a cast manifold, a premium tubular is more suitable once you start thinking of 650bhp+ unless you plan on using exotic fuels, meth, etc.

How did you arrive at 600-700bhp as your target? Have you ever driven a 500bhp or above supra? Are you aims outright bhp or wide torque area? What is the car to be used for - road, track or drag? All are critical to make the right manifold and turbo selection for your planned use of the car.

There's room for that wastegate port to go out to well over 40mm diameter Nic - that's bigger (and not to mention a shorter route and much nicer routing angle) than the majority of tubular manifolds on the market. I do agree it's crap in the "off the shelf" state though :)

That looks much better :thumbs: Should have read the links before posting :)

Edited by Nic (see edit history)