The mkiv Supra Owners Club

96 Facelift TT Auto Gunmetal

SimonT

It is time to come to sell my pride and joy as I really do not get the use out of it anymore and it has become a bit of an ornament over the last year.

It is a 96 Twin Turbo Autiomatic with 120,000 miles on the clock.

The car has had every bit of engine work done on it as probably Matt and John at AFR will vouch for!

Valve stem seals have been replaced, the head was reconned, all belts were changed along with the water pump and all the usual servicing parts etc.

I have owned the car for 3 years and have a folder full of receipts etc.

The car is MOT'd until Oct 11 and Taxed until Sept 11 i believe but I'd have to look in the window to make sure.

Since the engine work I have done approximately 2-3,000 miles in it in just over a year.

Below is what is on the car:

HKS 2nd Decat

HKS SSQV BOV

Stock Airbox with K&N Panel Filter

Walbro Fuel Pump

Whifbitz 3' Single Box

Tein Suspension

Tein Front strut brace

Cusco Rear strut brace

18' TTE GS 300

3G Grooved and Spotted UK Discs

UK Callipers

Chris Wilson Fast Road Pads All Round

Goodrich braided lines

Front: Michelin Pilot Sports

Rear: Falken FK452

Half leather Recaro seats

Sony MP3 Head Unit

Infinity Components

UK Spec Bonnet Scoop

Facelift headlights

Full HID Conversion

S2000 aerial

Shine Auto Carbon Diffuser

349.3 bhp

As I'm an honest chap these are the bad points of the car:

The car has a small pin dent in the passenger door which has been there since I have owned the car but it has never bothered me that much so I never did anything about it

and the bolster on the drivers seat is worn slightly and the air con needs re-gassing.

If you have any questions please e-mail me as I don't tend to get on here at all anymore but obviously I will try.

I'm looking for £7,500 but I am open to offers from club members as long as they aren't ridiculous ;)

There are some other pictures in "My Garage" if you want to see more but the ones below are the latest.

Thanks Simon

Wow, Abz really has started something off hasn't he? I've seen this car in the flesh, it's a proper nice machine and worth £7.5k all day long. Good luck with the sale matey, whats next on the cards then?

I didn't know Abz had sold up as well?!!

Thanks for the nice comments mate, next on the cards......well that's a good question.

If im honest I'm not looking for anything at all I just feel the car would be better off with somebody who will use it, I just hope it goes to a good home when I do sell it.

Although I have been looking at motorbikes again but that's just at a very early stage so for now I will be sticking with work car.

fancy some sort of deal on my M5?

Ooooh now that's tempting!! My brother has just bought one and what a machine to drive, however like I said above I'm not looking for another car at the moment but thanks for the offer and an extremely tempting one but I know how much fuel they drink and how expensive they are to insure!

Thought I'd give this a quick bump as I've not been able to get on here.

The car has just been cleaned and put back under it's storm force cover even though the sun is shining I just don't have time to enjoy it :(

Considering some of the examples currently available, you've done very well to get this sold so quickly. Well done.

I'd say something completely different.

I'm surprised it didn't sell sooner. Cracking price for a cracking car.

What do you mean by this ace?

It's not a slur by any means - there are lots of examples probably on a par with this car that are going at lower prices, and countless "bottom end" Supras that are available for rock bottom prices (3000 quid and under) - yes, almost all are N/A powered, and at least 90% of them auto.

No doubt this has stood out for its quality, and in such a difficult market it has sold quite quickly. I'm willing to suggest many people have looked at some of those sub-3k cars and seriously considered the outlay required to do a manual conversion, or a NA-TT / NA-T conversion. It probably wouldn't be that far off what Simon was selling this car for. Some of those people might have bought the dirt cheap option and planned a conversion because they didn't have 7500 quid to pay for the car as is, with all that work already done. Not many people have that amount of money in cash waiting to buy a car...

Ah I see it read to me as a negative post towards the car.

Sorry i picked you up wrong.

No worries - I read it back to myself and did wonder if I could've worded it better. There are quite a few examples on a par with this one in terms of quality, that I'm sure have been for sale for a lot longer.

The general idea was that in this climate, with so many differing examples of Supras available (plenty of which for rock bottom money), he has had a great result in completing the sale relatively quickly.

No worries - I read it back to myself and did wonder if I could've worded it better. There are quite a few examples on a par with this one in terms of quality, that I'm sure have been for sale for a lot longer.

The general idea was that in this climate, with so many differing examples of Supras available (plenty of which for rock bottom money), he has had a great result in completing the sale relatively quickly.

Indeed.........I bought it :D

Indeed.........I bought it :D

Jammy git :p

I did post earlier that I'd seen it scooting up and down the A2 in Kent a few times - I tried to keep up with it just to get a closer look at it but it's difficult in a Clio. You'll not be disappointed.

Jammy git :p

I did post earlier that I'd seen it scooting up and down the A2 in Kent a few times - I tried to keep up with it just to get a closer look at it but it's difficult in a Clio. You'll not be disappointed.

Thanks mate. :)

It's not a slur by any means - there are lots of examples probably on a par with this car that are going at lower prices, and countless "bottom end" Supras that are available for rock bottom prices (3000 quid and under) - yes, almost all are N/A powered, and at least 90% of them auto.

No doubt this has stood out for its quality, and in such a difficult market it has sold quite quickly. I'm willing to suggest many people have looked at some of those sub-3k cars and seriously considered the outlay required to do a manual conversion, or a NA-TT / NA-T conversion. It probably wouldn't be that far off what Simon was selling this car for. Some of those people might have bought the dirt cheap option and planned a conversion because they didn't have 7500 quid to pay for the car as is, with all that work already done. Not many people have that amount of money in cash waiting to buy a car...

Very well said Ace! Like mine :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.