The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally named, not that we didn't know already.

Scott

Is it not allowed to post his name on the forum? I won't post it just now just in case but he was named in parliament today, nullifying the injunction against his name. Of course "alleged" still applies :D

Took long enough, I must admit I was sweating in the pub last week when I was talking about him. Looking over my shoulder constantly waiting on the MI5 swoop.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Parliamentary privilege finally being utilised, the Lib Dems have finally done something right :lol:

Don't agree at all. Everyone has a right to a private life under European law and there is also a right for the freedom of information/freedom of press. The two rights often conflict and this is a perfect example. It is up to the judge considering all the facts (the facts that we the public and the MP don't 100% know) to determine whether the right to a private life or the freedom of the press should succeed in this instance. The fact that the judge has sided with Giggs** suggests to me that the judge was convinced that private life should come first in this instance.

I ask what right does an MP or any person have to interfere with a law and a decision made based on all the facts when they know sod all about it. They are interfereing with the systems of democracy and effectively breaching the law, the law which the bloody MPs put there in the first place. The whole reason why the judiciary and parliament are seperate entities is to limit parliament changing the law to suit themselves. It seems to me that the MP seems to think he should contradict the decision of the judiciary despite having no understanding of the facts of the matter or even the law (I suspect).

Furthermore, an injunction is a very very hard thing to obtain, irrespective of what the media says. The damage caused to the person must significantly outweight the damage that would be caused by the media not being able to report the story. Again this decision is based on the facts. Again the media and that stupid MP seem to think they know better.

It seems like the media are arguing that there should be no right for a private life which is, in my opinion, a very dangerous thing especially if it means the media has even more power and can be even more invasive.

I also wouldn't be sure that Parliamentary Privilege will protect the MP. It isn't an automatic and total shield and I am sure that a judge would be more than happy to assist a claimant in giving the MP a kicking for breaching the law passed by the judges. The way I see it, even if privilege protected the MP from being sued by Giggs (civil law) he could still face criminal charges, which I don't think privilege protects against.

(**if thats who it is - everyone seems to trust Twitter which is also stupid IMO - chances are we will find it was Linaker again or something in due course)

whilst I agree to people having a personal life, I dont agree with people who make money from their personality - all be it a sports personality in this case. I'd say these people make a lot of money selling themselves with products and so on so its only right that we get to see the scumbag behind the glamour.

Don't agree at all.....

While I agree with pretty much everything you say, the only reason this case is different is the fact that Giggs, despite being a well known public figure, has largely kept his life out of the media, unlike many other people in the same situation who court the press then cry intrusion when it all turns sour.

It may be hard to get a 'super injunction' but its considerablyeasier when you have 50 grand spare and a team of top lawyers to fight your corner.

Harry, the bint was initially trying to cover it up until the press hounded her and then Giggs got the injunction. Thats the gist I got from This Morning anyway :D

So well known footyballist sleeps with grasping Z-lister and then tries to use legal system to remain anonymous. Can't see anything going wrong with that plan at any point.

Although there is the Streisand Effect to consider.