The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just completed my first cycle to work

jevansio

Well what better way to get over the Supra than a cycle to work :)

Borrowed my mates spare bike until I get one for myself, sunny morning and was such an enjoyable way to get to work.

I took my iphone with runkeeper to track my time in an effort to improve over the year, I think if i stay on the roads a bit more rather than taking the path (esp up the hills) I'll get a sub 20min time

here is the runkpeer link http://runkeeper.com/user/jevansio/activity/36040487

Nice work mate how far is it in total?

Edit: just viewed the link... 4.5miles ;)

Its amazing the a 4.5mile cycle over 22mins burns 168cals. My 2.5mile jog/run in the mornings takes around 25mins but burns 388cals.

Would like to get into cycling

Well what better way to get over the Supra than a cycle to work :)

Borrowed my mates spare bike until I get one for myself, sunny morning and was such an enjoyable way to get to work.

I took my iphone with runkeeper to track my time in an effort to improve over the year, I think if i stay on the roads a bit more rather than taking the path (esp up the hills) I'll get a sub 20min time

here is the runkpeer link http://runkeeper.com/user/jevansio/activity/36040487

You'll be amazed at how quick your body will adjust to cardio dude. Cardio wakes me up ready for the day ahead. :D

Nice work mate how far is it in total?

Edit: just viewed the link... 4.5miles ;)

Its amazing the a 4.5mile cycle over 22mins burns 168cals. My 2.5mile jog/run in the mornings takes around 25mins but burns 388cals.

Would like to get into cycling

Be more if you actually did the 40mins you Divy!!! :D

Just got my bike out again, I am not hugely fit but I play football with friends every monday so I am hoping if I do a bit each day it will stop the aches the following day and give me a little more endurance. I am still at the it's heavy going because I just started phase though.

I've got my bike out for first time in 6 years to try and get in shape for holiday (september). I did 4 miles offroad on monday, 6 miles last night climbing 623 feet apparantly. BUT my handle bars came loose half way so i had to walk back pushing bike (all uphill). I was dying. I am so unfit.

I've been cardio training for over 2 years now (4 to 5 times a week at the gym doing running,cross trainer,rowing,cycling,stepper,weights) so it was a piece of p1ss TBH. My weight has plateaued and I'm hoping the extra 40 mins excercise a day will take me to past it

b;3118548']Never knew about that app!

I started cycling to work about 6 weeks ago, have noticed an improvement in my time and speed - would have been cool to see it across a chart! :D O well better late using it than never :p

It's a great free little tool, I use it to keep track of my running too

J checked if your workplace has a Cycle To Work scheme? Means you can buy a bike and use your tax allowance - a friend got local bike shop to build him a bike to spec and got £800 worth and is paying about £420 for it iirc, the rest coming from tax.

My old workplace previously in fact paid people to cycle to work - 5p/mile :)

Yep - we get that here too. There's currently an incentive week this week to get everyone riding to work. :)

I think it's a cracking idea, unfortunately though unless you know a bike shop owner in the scheme you have to buy off the rack and can't build/customise that much (i think?).

Also I may have to ask at our work why they don't support bike diversity in the bike racks, I can't fit a BMX with stunt pegs on it in the racks :(

Quite amusing the looks you get commuting to a investment bank on a BMX in a suit :)

J checked if your workplace has a Cycle To Work scheme? Means you can buy a bike and use your tax allowance - a friend got local bike shop to build him a bike to spec and got £800 worth and is paying about £420 for it iirc, the rest coming from tax.

My old workplace previously in fact paid people to cycle to work - 5p/mile :)

They don't sadly, I hoping to get something sorted shortly

I could almost have beaten you on foot. Faster, lad, faster.

Lol, I'm just taking it easy at first, my first target is to crack 20 min :)

I am just waiting for my bike to come on the cycle to work scheme, although i can't actually use it to cycle to work as it is a 150 mile each way! need to get back into shape so have ordered a nice cube hard tail was £1099 so just had to pay the extra £99 myself. How does it feel not having the supra now Jay? did you sell the Porsche as well?

I am just waiting for my bike to come on the cycle to work scheme, although i can't actually use it to cycle to work as it is a 150 mile each way!

Don't you have to use it for 50% of your journeys?

I got my cheap little Boardman off C2W scheme. They only deal with Halfords though so I had to spend an extra £40 getting it fully serviced the day after picking it up, oh well.

Takes me 25 mins to cycle 3 miles!!