The mkiv Supra Owners Club

6-Speed VVT-i in great condition

Japanfanatic

Haaaaahhhh...great to be back again after all those years;)

Hi guys, I'm looking for a 6-Spd VVT-i Supra (08.1997 - 08.2002), which means I am looking for a RZ-S or even better a RZ-Version car.

It should be in flawless condition and the history has to be documented with FSH (Toyota main dealers or experts). I am looking for either one of the few VVT-i Supras that have been imported as new to the UK by Toyota main dealers or one that has been brought here as a grey import but with traceable history (Auction Sheets, Dereg-Documents, MOT-Documentation etc. available).

Requirements:

- mileage doesn't matter as long as its documented

- condition should go with the mileage

- no repair history

- as stock as possible; no bodykits, no nasty ICE-installations, no nasty engine modifications

- BPU is ok (raised boost, coilover suspension, different wheels a.t.l.)

- preferred colours: blue (8L5), black (202) or quicksilver (1B9), but will consider others if offered

I will pay fair money.

So, if anyone considers selling his Supra or knows anyone with such a vehicle, please let me know:)

Thanks!

import one from Japan

I'm afraid of dishonest importers clocking back odos and such...I have heard that this happens quite often in the UK. But it might be the only way to get one exactly to my specifications. I have already contacted a sales agent, but am still looking for one that's already in the EU:)

I'm afraid of dishonest importers clocking back odos and such...I have heard that this happens quite often in the UK. But it might be the only way to get one exactly to my specifications. I have already contacted a sales agent, but am still looking for one that's already in the EU:)

please look here for supras KM are in the ads.. 10.0 is 100,000km 8.9 is 89,000km

if you see something you like we can import it for you..

we can try and help if you wish..

http://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/search.php?STID=CS210610&SKIND=1&KW=supra

All VVTi Supras are imports, you run that risk with any j-spec Supra you buy in the UK. There aren't many that where imported new, I've only seen one VVTi like that in 6 years of Supra ownership.

Go to a reputable importer like JM imports and you won't go wrong.

Yeah I know most VVT-i's are grey imports, that's why I was looking for a non-grey import one in the first place. I have seen maybe half a dozen over the last years and was hoping someone here would own one or would know someone who has one ;)

As far as I'm aware there were no official UK spec VVTi cars. Imports ran from 1993 - 1996, just before facelifts were introduced and a year before the 1997 VVTi.

You are right. But nevertheless some UK Toyota dealers brought over J-Spec Supras after 1996 for their customers on special request. Last year there were two of them for sale on Pistonheads, a Quicksilver one and a lovely black one with some 60t km that has gone to Malta

You are right. But nevertheless some UK Toyota dealers brought over J-Spec Supras after 1996 for their customers on special request. Last year there were two of them for sale on Pistonheads, a Quicksilver one and a lovely black one with some 60t km that has gone to Malta

Interesting! Didn't know that!

But that would still make them grey imports and not 'official' UK cars would it not? And therefore they'd be the same as a grey import anyway and of no more value.

Interesting! Didn't know that!

Yeah, in'it?

But that would still make them grey imports and not 'official' UK cars would it not? And therefore they'd be the same as a grey import anyway and of no more value.

Most probably yes, but what is by far more interesting to me is the fact they have got a traceable history, fully stamped service books and I can just call the T-dealer and ask about the car.

No matter how nice an importer describes the cars in Japan, they can still tell me tales about the car's history which noone is able to reasses.

Being an enthusiast I'm more interested in a car that is in a great collector's condition then nasty mods and tuning. And to my understanding British new Supra buyers were more mature just because of the extra they had to pay over Japanese buyers (probably younger folks). I don't want to have a beaten down Supra driven by some Japanese boyracer

I would suggest that UK dealers have a worse reputation then their Japanese counterparts! I'd trust an import from a trusted importer over a UK car just about any day. Considering these cars were sold and bought in 93 - 96, the chances of them being unmolested and not having being driven hard at some point is virtually nil! You can still verify and check a Japanese car just as well as a UK car - have a word with Jurgen.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.