The mkiv Supra Owners Club

fuel dampener

dr_jekyll

few questions for the experienced gurus ,

if i was to remove the fuel dampner and run a 8 an braded hose from the filter would this allow better fuel flow and in turn allow my 550s to administer more fuel whan need

or

by removing the dampner and adding the thiker line, lower the fuel pressure and ask too much of the wlbro to keep the fuel pressure up in the larger displacemt of the fuel system wth no dampner before the rail ?

thannk you ;)

The dampner is a restriction in the system so it is best to take it out, you shouldnt notice any drop in fuel pressure as the dampner and its line is only a foot long, 1 walbro is normaly good for around 550fwhp iirc.

Hmmm, how can it be a restriction and yet not affect fuel pressure? ;)

Hmmm, how can it be a restriction and yet not affect fuel pressure? ;)

Good question, this is my logical thinking, if the dampner is a restriction which after looking at 1 i believe it is, then fuel pressure may be higher before the dampner(as if squeezing a hose down to a smaller diameter) which in turn will give a lower flow/pressure after the dampner and upto the fuel rail, remove the restriction then you have more flow(volume) and constant pressure from pump to rail, the pressure regulator will maintain the fuel pressure as long as the pump is up to the job, the walbro 255 has been proven to do the job, although there are other/better pumps available.

Good question, this is my logical thinking, if the dampner is a restriction which after looking at 1 i believe it is, then fuel pressure may be higher before the dampner(as if squeezing a hose down to a smaller diameter) which in turn will give a lower flow/pressure after the dampner and upto the fuel rail, remove the restriction then you have more flow(volume) and constant pressure from pump to rail, the pressure regulator will maintain the fuel pressure as long as the pump is up to the job, the walbro 255 has been proven to do the job, although there are other/better pumps available.

I don't think you'll see a more constant fuel pressure when you take a pulsation dampener out of the system. The whole point of it is to damp out pulsations in the fuel pressure :)

I don't think removing it has much point unless you're chopping out the entire fuel system. I'm also not convinced it's a noise supressor either.

I'm also not convinced it's a noise supressor either.

my car on tick over is so much louder with out it when i got it back i thought they had messed something up! saying that every thing they did do i have had problems with so maybe i am wrong

can anyone confirm if the car would run louder with out one in ? as im pooping myself now