The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Top 10: world’s cheapest petrol

Wez

I seem to remember a few years ago when petrol was hovering around the £1/L mark, the truckers were setting up blockades and we had issues getting hold of fuel...

I'm really surprised that this isn't happening again? Surely a lot of businesses that rely on transportation as main part of their business must be struggling / going out of business.

I seem to remember a few years ago when petrol was hovering around the £1/L mark, the truckers were setting up blockades and we had issues getting hold of fuel...

I'm really surprised that this isn't happening again? Surely a lot of businesses that rely on transportation as main part of their business must be struggling / going out of business.

Yes, a large % of transport business's have actually now gone out of business, also, local petrol stations are rapidly dissapearing, I see quite a few out in the dales that have now closed down.

IIRC, due to the increase in petrol prices, the government is making less money due to people trying not to drive.

This is the thing guys... I've always wandered why they had increased tax/duty on fuel so much. When they do, businesses go down, which means less tax from businesses, less fuel used so less tax from there. I can't see the logic in increasing fuel tax/duty.

If they decrease it, the economy will run much smoother and they will make a lot more money. Increase tax/duty on fags and booze, and fatty foods (from both supermarkets and fast food restaurants).