The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Brake Pads for Brembo Monobloc calipers?

JamieP

Any traders help me out? need some pads for my brembo monobloc front calipers, got some hawk pads in there at present but they are sh1t tbh.

I kept one of the old brembo pads to help with finding new ones.

Hey Chris, I don't know what the caliper is from, it's a brake upgrade kit that MVP sell, there is a picture of the caliper in my garage if that helps.

PF pads are just what I want, I could post you the old pad if that helps.

With the brembo pads they was brilliant, I can cook the hawk pads with ease.

I have had a look through various catalogues of pad outlines and can't find a match. You could ask MVP what the Brembo pad number is, or what the calipers are originally off. Given the pad wear indicator cut outs in the pad it will be off a road car, not a race car. Looks a bit Corvette like, but not deep enough.

I had Hawk pads on my euro-spec brakes before. I wasn't very happy with these neither (low dust, but not much stopping power when warmed up).

I'm running my Stoptech's with PF pads now ... I love these.

I would give Ian a call at Carbotech and speak to him - he is extremely helpful. They make excellent pads and I suspect you would like an XP8 compound or maybe their AX6/Panther (road) pad if you're not tracking the beast much.

I have a full set of XP8s in the front and rear of my Alcons that I am in the process of fitting. Quite a few people on here have used XP8 in the UK calipers with great results on and off the track.

If they don't stock it on the shelf they will be able to make it....quickly.

http://carbotech-europe.com/

If you have the 355x32x53mm discs (part numbers 09.5759.35/45) then I believe the Brembo pad options for the monoblock 6 piston GT caliper are XA5.71.M2 or XA5.71.M4 These pads are 17.5 mm thick.

According to the catalog the first number is for "pads with springs and pins" the second is for "pads without springs and pins"

If you have the 355x32x53mm discs (part numbers 09.5759.35/45) then I believe the Brembo pad options for the monoblock 6 piston GT caliper are XA5.71.M2 or XA5.71.M4 These pads are 17.5 mm thick.

According to the catalog the first number is for "pads with springs and pins" the second is for "pads without springs and pins"

Thats them, Dan you are a legend, cheers mate.

Chris can you get PF pads now with the above part number?

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.