The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1000cc Injectors need please....!

Jamesy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good move Jamesy. I think we need to get onto Lee about a bit of discount.

Both of us for some ID 2000 and twin Bosch

You for the fuel system

Lol nice :D

Altho i got one bosch already, and ID2000 gonna be overkill for me. U should grab some tho for your future plans ;)

You could just up the base pressure, if you look at the Bosch 044 graphs it's at higher pressure they really flow well and you already have an FPR so should be a piece of cake, you would just need to check that your injectors are ok at higher pressure but you prob don't need to go mad to give you enough fuel anyway.

My FPR is already wound right up mate. Plus injectors are absolutely maxed.

At least with bigger injectors, bigger lines and another 044 we'll have loads of headroom and can wind down the fuel pressure :)

My FPR is already wound right up mate. Plus injectors are absolutely maxed.

At least with bigger injectors, bigger lines and another 044 we'll have loads of headroom and can wind down the fuel pressure :)

What base pressure are you running now then?

You could just up the base pressure, if you look at the Bosch 044 graphs it's at higher pressure they really flow well and you already have an FPR so should be a piece of cake, you would just need to check that your injectors are ok at higher pressure but you prob don't need to go mad to give you enough fuel anyway.

Wez, by increasing the base pressure what does it allow you to do, can you please elaborate? Can one stay with the same injectors & fuel rail (despite the injectors being maxed out).

Wez, by increasing the base pressure what does it allow you to do, can you please elaborate? Can one stay with the same injectors & fuel rail (despite the injectors being maxed out).

Injector being maxed out is not the right term, its only maxed out at that given pressure.

Injectors work by open and closing for given time period, if you increase the pressure for the same given time more fuel is injected, there are other things to take into consideration, the injectors will be rated to a maximum pressure, beyond this and you may affect the spray patterns or worse cause the injector to lock.

EDIT: just to add to this, the bosch injectors are rated to fairly high pressures, from memory much beyond what we push them too as are the 044 pumps ;)

Injector being maxed out is not the right term, its only maxed out at that given pressure.

Injectors work by open and closing for given time period, if you increase the pressure for the same given time more fuel is injected, there are other things to take into consideration, the injectors will be rated to a maximum pressure, beyond this and you may affect the spray patterns or worse cause the injector to lock.

EDIT: just to add to this, the bosch injectors are rated to fairly high pressures, from memory much beyond what we push them too as are the 044 pumps ;)

Thing is no one quite knows just how far a single 044 can go! I would of been happy to explore how far i could push mine but with mapping after every change would get expensive!!

Nice move Jamesy. ;)

I went for a complete fuel kit (PHR kit) when I went single .. and never regretted it since then. The kit went through my 3 single setups, and the only thing I needed to change was the injectors, as I needed some bigger ones at a certain moment.

Jamesy, I know you said that ID2000's are too big for your needs, but think about where you see the car in 2-3 years - some future proofing would be a good plan here!

:D

How about MOT emission test? I guess with very big injectors, your CO values will be quite high at idle, isn't it???

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.