The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Desire S - Opinions, Ratings and Reviews please

Scott

As above, contract is up. I currently have a Desire and love it. Should I hold out for new tech or does this have all the latest toys?

Samsung galaxy s 2 is amazing, I phone beater and by far the best android phone available. I have had mine a couple of days now and it's great. I went and tried a few htc phones that were very good, but I made the right choice with this one.

Samsung galaxy s 2 is amazing, I phone beater and by far the best android phone available. I have had mine a couple of days now and it's great. I went and tried a few htc phones that were very good, but I made the right choice with this one.

I tried the galaxy s and I really didn't like it as much as the desire. Is the 2nd version a major upgrade from the 1st? I wouldn't go out on a whim to get one but I'm all for giving things a 2nd chance so I wouldn't mind popping into a shop to have a play :D

hey man , i got a HTC Nexus One google phone, awesome phone!, but the new desire is coming out, which is suposed to be pretty damn good, the samsung galaxy, just feels to bulky, screens good, but the tech is too slow ;)!!

so desire S :) *go for it* 5 star from me boyo!

(mrs works at vodaphone so i know the score :p)

I had a quick browse of the reviews there and it doesn't seem to tick all the boxes unfortunately. It's a bit quicker thanks to the processor but it doesn't have HDMI out etc which seems to be one of the modern toys.

Galaxy S II is getting good reviews also, with the new processor being dual core, but yet to see if it suffers the same software glitches as the original version. The screen looks stunning though.

Think it's best for me to just take on a rolling contract and see what turns up in the next few months.

LG optimus black is my current favourite of choice, not sure what network it is out on though....(It is currently my primary phone, the iphone has been relegated to the kitchen drawer)

http://www.pcworld.com/article/227376/lg_optimus_black_review_an_impressive_though_modest_android_phone.html

Galaxy S2 is a fantastic device, had a play with one back in Feb, and I've got one in the office, but I've just not had the chance to move over to it yet.

i-phone 5 is out next month >?

Hmm, will see. I've got an Ipod Touch though. I always liked the Iphone for everything it does other than being a phone funnily enough lol. Cheers for the heads up though, I'm guessing that is when everyone will start to show their cards :D

I tried the galaxy s and I really didn't like it as much as the desire. Is the 2nd version a major upgrade from the 1st? I wouldn't go out on a whim to get one but I'm all for giving things a 2nd chance so I wouldn't mind popping into a shop to have a play :D

It is a big improvment from the old one, it is so fast with the dual core 1.2ghz processor. screen is so clear and bright, photo's are really good and also the full Hd video recording is really good.

I just started reading about the optimus 2x, is that similar?

Yeah, it is the newer version with the dual core, and the tegra processor from what I've seen on the specs (similar form factor to the b I have), but the proto I have can't leave the office, so don't use it as a primary device ;)

The LG almost had me sold there. I'm not the most stylish guy but I do like a nice looking phone, unfortunately the Optimus II isn't it. Optimus black is an improvement but I want the next level tech. LG is ideal on paper too :(

• 2 weeks later...

I had a play with the "Sony Experia Play" last weekend down the pub. Its not a phone I would buy but it was 2/3 times faster at browsing the web than my original Desire, and uploading to facebook was around 5 times quicker.

It may be worth seeing what processors that uses and finding an equivalent spec'd phone, it was a definite step up and made me think about upgrading for the first time in a year.