The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Transferring Sky to new address

Matt H

I've still got a few months left on my Sky contract. I'm considering either writing off the last few months (downgrading as much as pos) or transferring it to my new address. Obviously, I'm going to talk to Sky about it, but I was wondering if anyone had any real experience of transferring a sky account (still in the initial 12 month contract) to a new address. Is it a complete Sky standard ball ache?

Ta

Matt

I transferred mine recently and it was surprisingly easy. They installed the new dish exactly when promised and I didn't need to start a new contract - which makes it really easy to switch to freesat in a few months time if you want to leave sky.

I transferred mine recently and it was surprisingly easy. They installed the new dish exactly when promised and I didn't need to start a new contract - which makes it really easy to switch to freesat in a few months time if you want to leave sky.

Sounds promising. How much did it cost you for the installation of a new dish / setup? My current place has a communal dish so a new one will be required.

It was free, made me feel a bit guilty about leaving sky almost immediately afterwards! :) We went from a communial dish to a standard one too.

Well that does sound good. I'll be phoning up at lunch and seeing if I can get the same treatment. I won't be feeling guilty about going to freesat however, as I've had a really rough ride with Sky!

I told them I wanted to leave completely as they were too expensive and they cut the price by half for 6 months as an incentive to stay! Just tell them you're leaving when you move address - you'll be amazed at what deals they can pull out of their a55es!

Well that was painless (so far). I rang them up and an engineer is booked to do an install of a new dish at the new place next Thurs. No charge. Plus they have canceled my phone and broadband package as I don't need that in the new place. Brill :) Just have to see if it pans out as they've promised now!!