The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Zante

supra joe

yeah i liked zante, girls are up for it too, i think i was only there 10 mins and ended up bagging 3... went for 2 weeks ha ha

Legend, I think we would get on well, we are all going out there as single fellas, maybe looking for some tropical diseases that scientists haven't discovered yet lol.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I worked there one summer, a few years back. Your typical Brit tourist resort, lots of pubs, bars, clubs, meths' cocktails....fights...vomiting...etc

As long as your not looking for a duplicate French Riviera (i.e. Quality) you'll have a great time. Lovely long golden sandy beach to recover from your hangover on too.

Lx

Tell me more dude ! Our dates arnt set in stone but its beginning to look like the 14th till the 28th, or maybe the week before.

What do you want to know? There is a huge strip with about 30 bars (about 4 or 5 are clubs) but i personally preferred staying in the bars than the clubs. I only went for the clubs for big events, i saw rat pack live there for e.g.

Ive actually got some videos on youtube of my mate breathing fire to 'firestarter' - but im at work so I wont be able to link them... ill put them up on here when i get home.

You can hire quad bikes / mopeds etc too, i kept going back to the same guy so he sorted me out a 150cc quad bike ( i tihnk it was) where normally most people had 55/75cc.. this thing WENT like the wind. haha so much fun. I took out the quad bike pissed one night and decided to see how fast i could go backwards, not a good idea on this quad.... ended up splitting my head open but i still went out clubbing that night like a tropper! topLAD!

.....anyway...... my point was that we took the quad bikes up to the top of the highest mountain in Zante and had a BBQ up so whatever you want to do the choices are endless.

.... im just rambling now, basically Zante is a 1 time must go place, its too much fun

What do you want to know? There is a huge strip with about 30 bars (about 4 or 5 are clubs) but i personally preferred staying in the bars than the clubs. I only went for the clubs for big events, i saw rat pack live there for e.g.

Ive actually got some videos on youtube of my mate breathing fire to 'firestarter' - but im at work so I wont be able to link them... ill put them up on here when i get home.

You can hire quad bikes / mopeds etc too, i kept going back to the same guy so he sorted me out a 150cc quad bike ( i tihnk it was) where normally most people had 55/75cc.. this thing WENT like the wind. haha so much fun. I took out the quad bike pissed one night and decided to see how fast i could go backwards, not a good idea on this quad.... ended up splitting my head open but i still went out clubbing that night like a tropper! topLAD!

.....anyway...... my point was that we took the quad bikes up to the top of the highest mountain in Zante and had a BBQ up so whatever you want to do the choices are endless.

.... im just rambling now, basically Zante is a 1 time must go place, its too much fun

Sounds amazing ! But what's all the fuss about this cherry bar ? I hear magaluf is like a chav sausage fest where the guys all go, and not so many girls ! I hope this place is not the same !

Am I really old for my age or something (I'm 23 btw, so a fair few years away from pipe and slippers) but everything that has been said about Zante makes me really not want to go. If I was staying in Europe I'd be going somewhere like Rome to see the Colloseum and the history, followed up by some nice bars with some b-e-a-utiful Italian women.

Not, get wasted, bang a chav with diseases, sleep most of the day, repeat.

I really, really, struggle to see the point of going away on holiday to do what you can do at home.

People, go explore! There's a world out there with breath taking sights to be seen, beautiful women to be met and out of this world experiences to be had.

Am I really old for my age or something (I'm 23 btw, so a fair few years away from pipe and slippers) but everything that has been said about Zante makes me really not want to go. If I was staying in Europe I'd be going somewhere like Rome to see the Colloseum and the history, followed up by some nice bars with some b-e-a-utiful Italian women.

I really, really, struggle to see the point of going away on holiday to do what you can do at home.

People, go explore! There's a world out there with breath taking sights to be seen, beautiful women to be met and out of this world experiences to be had.

I take your point Marc, but I suspect it's only a portion of the island that is like this. There will be plenty of places to go and things to do where you will not see union jack shorts, piles of vomit and loud music and horrific bar prices.

And frankly how much culture did you happen upon in Vegas? :D

And frankly how much culture did you happen upon in Vegas? :D

Bugger all :D, but it's an out of this world experience, the size, the lights, the cringeworthy amount of money being thrown around, but, 2 days is enough there as you will find yourself broke or bored if you stay longer.

for the last 2 years ive been to egypt on a 40th with the lads,

the 1st time was get something cheap we paid £350 for 7 days all inclusive,hotel was sh*t but we wasnt bothered only having a few hours kip each night, a 10 min taxi ride to the main town, had a good look around for the following year for my 40th,

paid £500 all inclusive and stayed in the centre of naama bay opposite the hard rock cafe,booked a couple of trips quad biking through the desert, and a 12 hour trip called 4 in 1 picked up in a discovery drove out to the desert and then the driver went mental doing around 70-80 mph through the desert,then to a little village for snorkelling,some food and drink,then a camel ride along the sea front for about 45 mins,then some swimming,back in the discovery a bit more desert then on the empty motorway home, weather was in the 80s both times, found an english sports bar for all footy/sky sports/english breakfast 4 mins from the hotel,very friendly people and we was getting 8 egyptian pounds to 1 of ours, large bottles of beer the size of magners bottle £20 egyptian about £2.50,and if you find the bars we did happy hour 2 for £20 egyptian..and a bar called montys you can get out of there and go straight for breakfast

Maybe you are old for your age :p Im 22 and im still loving it.

And this is a completely different than 'going out and getting smashed at your local'. Its the atmosphere and the people.

Kos was full of annoying little chavs, but Zante is awesome.

Sounds amazing ! But what's all the fuss about this cherry bar ? I hear magaluf is like a chav sausage fest where the guys all go, and not so many girls ! I hope this place is not the same !

Yea Shagaluf and Kos are not great places to go, been to both and they have nothing on Zante.

Trust me, you will love Zante. Weather is awesome, people are nice and friendly (only ever seen 2 fights in the 3 years ive been there and that was between bouncers and chavs) its not too expensive, food is nice.... just a really nice place to go.

You dont have to go mad either, there are quieter bars around if you dont want to go on a bender every night you are out there.

You cant go too wrong with Zante lad.

We stayed in Kalamaki about 3.5 years ago, the place was lovely, nice restaurants, sensible prices, good selection of bars, friendly locals etc. The bars even had double glazing to pull across the entrance at midnight to keep the street quiet, we loved it. We walked along the beach to Laganas one day and it was chav central, a bottle of soft drink cost about £4, it was full of shops selling typical tourist crap and fast food restaurants. At that point we could've been in Ibiza, Aya Napa, Magaluf etc, the place had no character. I'm being hypocritical considering I used to go on such holidays, but I really hope the clubbing / boozing croud get bored of Zakynthos and leave before it loses everything that's good about it.

Oh, and enjoy your holiday :D

I'd recommend Egypt for a 'sensible' lads holiday, you still got bars and clubs but you got loads to do.

I chickened out of the Scuba Diving but did all the snorkelling, had loads of massages, quad biking, paragliding, loads of water sports. The hotel was stunning too, they also did a beach party with all fire breathers and dancers, the atmosphere was amazing!

Though if you are planning on being drunk all day, then I wouldn't recommend it :)

Ah Zante, my first ever lads holiday when I was 17. Absolutely brilliant place, but It's kinda for those in their teens. At 27 I think I'd go somewhere else. I went Ibiza with the lads last year and it's the best clubbing experiance you'll get, but also the most expensive.

Ah Zante, my first ever lads holiday when I was 17. Absolutely brilliant place, but It's kinda for those in their teens. At 27 I think I'd go somewhere else. I went Ibiza with the lads last year and it's the best clubbing experiance you'll get, but also the most expensive.

thanks matt so im old now lol !

How about Florida? Never had a boring day there:-) some good deals here: http://book.cosmos-holidays.co.uk/packagesearch/UF/UFO/any/any/2011-05-07/7nights/LGW/2adults/0children/0infants/any/H/any/all?search=code&aff=affiliatec

Probably not much more than you're looking to pay for Zante, exchange rate isn't too bad, 1.6 to the pound.

Loads to do(understatement) east coast(Daytona), west coast(Clearwater) or south to Miami:cool: all worth visiting. Thought it was worth a mention at the above prices:)