The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gauging interest . My HKS T04Z single Turbo 6 speed supra

mikeyh

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its worth every penny, its just there is not a huge amount of people that will spend that sort of money on an old supra these days.

I think you will have more chance of selling if you finish running it in and get it fully mapped.

need some advice if possible

i have 2 buyers intrested in my car one from france the other from purtugal both planning to drive the car home, know what i need some advise about is payment

im not prepared to let the car out of my sight until i have payment direct into my account is this somthing that can be done instantly or does it take a while to clear?

id like some info off members that have sold to non uk residents was it an easy sale or a nightmare, would you be willing to do it again?

any info would be a great help:)

CHAPS transfer into your bank account is by far the safest. Else get them to bring Cash and then go to the bank and deposit that into your account before giving them the keys and paperwork. I would assume that the 1st option would be the most convenient however they would have to put a lot of trust in you to deliver the car once the payment is done.

After lots of emails to and fro, Lacho (Emperor) based in Bulgaria bought my old car and paid up front via bacs transfer.........you need to provide IBAN no's etc to the buyer. There was lots of concern on boths sides initially, I think all you can do is stick to your guns and ask for payment up front or at least part and then possibly cash on collection. lacho took the plunge in the end and took the risk (he sent someone over to collect the car and so the cash and bank visit option wasn't an option), now I knew there was no risk to him but at the end of the day we are perfect strangers hundreds of miles apart so I could understand the concern. Bottom line though is you know you aren't going to shaft anyone, so just make sure you can't get shafted and it'll be fine..........if they won't play ball then you'll have to let it go.

I'm normally too trusting but I do think on balance that coming to another country ie out of your comfort zone and possible support network to steal a sub £20K car seems a lot of risk/hassle compared to options closer to home?

• 2 weeks later...

theres been alot of intrest from foreigners but nobody from this country im not sure if there being honest or just wasting my time

im starting to get second thoughts about selling,:rolleyes:

she has been in the corner of the workshop all covered up for the last month i removed the cover yesterday and had to ask myself if im doing the right thing?:blink:

Keep the car. It's so nice and after all you've been through. It would be a travesty for someone to gain from you work. Why don't you just postpone the sale drive her for a bit and then see how you feel. If, say, in another couple of months you still want to sell her then you know it will be he right thing.

All you have ha with the car is expense and heartache. Maybe you should draw a line in the sand and go from there.

God this sounds more like a relationship pep talk than car chat!! ;)

Havard last week - "I'm going back to N/A, I found it more enjoyable and easy to drive"

Havard this week - "It's tempting" on the matter of buying a big single.

:D

Lol classic. Harvard has one of the cleanest Supras on here im suprised he's not enjoying it. Is annoying when people go on about NAs, but fact is they really are a great car to dirve, especially for a daily driver

Sorry I hadn't seen those comments. I think it's an auto/manual thing. The power is great but I like a car that is a bit more involved when it comes to accelerating and changing gear. I am also not keen on flappy paddle or buttons.

Mikey, leave her a couple of months and make an informed decision. If I didn't have the TT I would possibly make an offer on this. For the right buyer, this is an ideal car.

H.

thats what i decided to do:) the insurance run out last month so i thought id take it off the road to see if i get the love back:search:, i think it is nearly there it just seems im forever having to watch the pennies at the minuite since the rebuild and upgrades these singles are an expensive hobby i just hope it will be worth it in the end:eyebrows:

That's a beautiful Supra buddy...are you sure you want to sell her?? :(

Like other's have said, you have spent ££££ on her and if you sell, you will get zero reward and worst of all...no Supra :(

Speaking from experience, I hate not having a Supra at the moment.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.