The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Osama Bin Laden killed by US Troops

ellis

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Osama bin Laden, mastermind of the 11 September 2001 attacks and the world's most wanted man, has been killed in a US operation in north-western Pakistan, Barack Obama has announced."Justice has been done," the US president said in a statement that America has been waiting a decade to hear.US special forces launched a helicopter-borne assault on a closely guarded compound in Abbottabad, 30 miles north-east of Islamabad, on Sunday night, Obama and US officials said.Bin Laden resisted the attackers and was killed along with three other men in a firefight. The operation lasted 40 minutes. The dead included Bin Laden's most trusted courier, who carried his messages to the outside world, and one of Bin Laden's sons, according to reports.US forces "took custody" of Bin Laden's body, Obama said. The US stressed Islamic practices would be respected.No Americans were killed.Pictures on the Pakistani TV station Express 24/7 showed flames rising from what is said to be the site of Bin Laden's last stand: a building surrounded by trees and high walls.There had been years of speculation that Bin Laden was hiding in the remote tribal areas of Pakistan or across the border in Afghanistan. But the town where he was eventually found lies a short distance from Islamabad, and is the home to the country's main military training institution, the Pakistan Military Academy, at Kakul. It is several hundred miles from Waziristan, where the CIA drone strike campaign has been concentrated.The fact that Bin Laden was killed in a mainstream urban area of Pakistan will raise questions about how the six-foot-four fugitive, one of the most famous faces in the world, managed to survive in Pakistan for so long.Obama praised Pakistan for its "close counter-terrorism co-operation". But officials said the US was the only country that knew in advance of the operation.An official with Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence declined to comment other than to say that it was a "highly sensitive intelligence operation".The dramatic news closes one chapte

yeah right, any excuse to dispose off the body ASAP.

Tbh he doesn't deserve any sort of ritual/ceremony. Let him rot.

I'd stick his head on a pike, and parade it round the country, like we used to do on olden times :D

If ever there was a Hovis moment, then this is it! :D

Haha :D

This is great news if that b@stard has finally been killed. But his followers will be angry, things could get worse now as they seek revenge.

I hope whoever found him tortured him or something first and made the son of a b!tch suffer a little bit before putting a bullet in his head.

In Pakistan so it seems. There goes the neighbourhood!

i think everyone knew that anyway as the taliban were always in and out of pakistan and our boys couldn't go after them as they crossed the boarder , ive been saying it for years now thats where he was , we should of invaded and took out some of the call centers on the way :D

Haha :D

This is great news if that b@stard has finally been killed. But his followers will be angry, things could get worse now as they seek revenge.

I hope whoever found him tortured him or something first and made the son of a b!tch suffer a little bit before putting a bullet in his head.

I do agree. I wonder if we will ever see the pictures.

i think everyone knew that anyway as the taliban were always in and out of pakistan and our boys couldn't go after them as they crossed the boarder , ive been saying it for years now thats where he was , we should of invaded and took out some of the call centers on the way :D

Stevo, I totally agree bud, maybe they should start on the call centres here first though lol.

He's had 20 years to plan this moment do you really think its closer to being over? its just started, now the shit will hit that great big Pakistani fan.

There will be videos of him now that have been waiting for after his death. Basically were foooked.