The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Photos from yesterdays Donington historic meeting. Group C rich!

Chris Wilson

I popped over to Donington yesterday to see the qualifying for the historic meeting over the weekend, and took some photos. Stupidly I set one of the camera setting wrongly, so some are not as good as I had expected, but there are some nice technical shots of some of the fabulous cars there. A few below, the bulk (200 odd) at http://www.newbury-house.com/historic/historic.html

My mate Dave Rowe making Ryan eat his heart out, as he puts a few corrections on the fabulous Sauber Mercedes twin turbo V8 map, just prior to it setting sub one minute lap times in qualifying. I have Frentzen's Lola F3000, all that stands between me and his works Nissan Group C car is a lottery win :) A pretty little Peugeot in the paddock, never seen one before, but it attracted a lot of attention. One of the Demon Tweaks family decided their £130,000 odd quids worth of Chevron B8 could do with a crash test :(

The RCZ is indeed a pretty car, and has looks inspired by Peugeot's Le Mans escapades. However, it's only available as FWD :( although doesn't handle badly. I had a racer take me 'round Silverstone in one last year at the 1000km and it held on pretty well considering.

I saw your sister's car in the paddock, and took some photos, but sadly they were taken with the wrong mode set on the camera, and they came out as useless. She seems to be pretty quick in it, and it looked very nice indeed. How did she do in the actual race Dunk? I have heard a rumour that Frank Sytner was injured, do you know anything about it? I think he was in an historic F2 car. I saw and spoke to him in the paddock on Saturday, I am assuming it's something that occurred today, Sunday :(

Shame the pics of the Alfa didnt come out very well, we had a problem with the car having to short a diff in it and were locking up the rears which cost us lots of time. We also had a seal go on the n/s/f caliper towards the end of the race but managed to finish.

Afraid FS had a heart attack then crashed, think he was in a Lola T70, he was taken to Derby hospital and as far as i know has been put into an induced coma.

The Irishman came free with the Lola :) I used to know someone who raced an Anson F3 for many, many years, a nice strong, well designed thing it was, too.

Was worth going just to see the Group C's and Dave work his magic on the Mercedes, should have taken his advice and put some money on it winning :)

http://www.doningtonhistoric.com/wp-content/uploads/Group-C-sportscars.pdf