The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which smartphone? HTC Incredible S Or Samsung Galaxy S 11

Aero-M

I have been offered an upgrade today. I have read various threads about Htc being very good, Mainly the desire Hd and the Hd7.

Is the Incredible s better than the above? And which is better between the galaxy s 11 and the incredible? Also have seen the Htc droid incredible 2?

Im still using a nokia 1600 dinosaur phone, without a camera. So my knowledge of phones is terrible.

I'm hopefully getting the S2 over the next few days. Checked the specs and thats the best one to go for at the moment. Desire HD i've heard has serious issues, especially with battery life and not being able to last a day. Just curious, who offered them as an upgrade and what did they offer you price wise? The S2 isn't released till the 1st, apart from phones 4 u that have them early. I'm trying to blag carphone warehouse to give me one early as their website stated they had them in stock to buy now!

I'm hopefully getting the S2 over the next few days. Checked the specs and thats the best one to go for at the moment. Desire HD i've heard has serious issues, especially with battery life and not being able to last a day. Just curious, who offered them as an upgrade and what did they offer you price wise? The S2 isn't released till the 1st, apart from phones 4 u that have them early. I'm trying to blag carphone warehouse to give me one early as their website stated they had them in stock to buy now!

I have been with O2 at the carphone warehouse for years, I rang them and they offered me a deal to go direct with O2 for £31 a month with a £5 month discount, so £26 pm 600 minutes and unlimited texts with 500mb of internet.

edit:

No internet included just re checked, 100mb is £29 pm and 500mb is £32 pm. The lady I spoke to said I wouldn't need any internet as it is wifi and would connect to my computer at home and when out would connect to some wireless network thing on the move?

http://shop.o2.co.uk/mobile_phone/pay_monthly/init/Samsung/Galaxy_S_II

edit:

No internet included just re checked, 100mb is £29 pm and 500mb is £32 pm. The lady I spoke to said I wouldn't need any internet as it is wifi and would connect to my computer at home and when out would connect to some wireless network thing on the move?

Be wary of that. The phone will always be connecting to the net to update stuff in the background such as email or apps that require it etc etc unless you

turn off internet.... if you do that then whats the point in having an all singing phone?

I would try to negotiate some internet usage into the deal as it can be mighty expensive if you dont have it already set up!

Be wary of that. The phone will always be connecting to the net to update stuff in the background such as email or apps that require it etc etc unless you

turn off internet.... if you do that then whats the point in having an all singing phone?

I would try to negotiate some internet usage into the deal as it can be mighty expensive if you dont have it already set up!

Just spoken to carphone warehouse and they can offer me a deal on the htc incredible, with internet included and same amount of minutes for £30, they say their unlimited is really unlimited with no fair usage etc.

Htc seems a nice phone but from what I can see from reading the specs the galaxy s 2 is better.

To be honest all I would use it for is watching videos, and the forum on the move.

How long is that for? 24 months? I'd never get a contract for that long, i'm looking at going for the 12 month ones they do now. Worked it out, even paying £200 for a S2 it's still cheaper on a £35 a month contract (300 mins, unlimited text, 500mb data) than going for a longer term and getting the phone for less.

Also, it's a smart phone, so you will need data no matter what. The woman that told you otherwise is a div! It'll constantly be needing it! Yes, fair enough, connect it to your wifi when at home but when your out and about you'll need it. (would say go for 500mb rather than 100mb)

I have had Desire HD for a months now and it is a great bit of kit. Battery use is only an issue if you leave everything on automatic so it constantly checks for mails, stock and shares the weather, Facebook...... etc. If I check contacts and mails manually, and stop apps roaming when ever, two days plus is my average, it is quite easy to switch background roaming and push which is the real killer. It is a big screen which needs a lot of power, a dark background helps cut power used by the screen. When you consider that is really a high end PDA with a phone in it then heavy battery use is to be expected. I use mine more than my laptop when I am away from home it really is that good, plenty of apps to let me edit office 2010 documents on the go, send invoices, manage accounts. I got used to charging a phone once a day many years ago, so battery life is really not an issue, just have a few types of charger. I did hear that HTC were looking into a upgrade battery for the Desire HD, but have not heard any more since March.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD

How long is that for? 24 months? I'd never get a contract for that long, i'm looking at going for the 12 month ones they do now. Worked it out, even paying £200 for a S2 it's still cheaper on a £35 a month contract (300 mins, unlimited text, 500mb data) than going for a longer term and getting the phone for less.

Also, it's a smart phone, so you will need data no matter what. The woman that told you otherwise is a div! It'll constantly be needing it! Yes, fair enough, connect it to your wifi when at home but when your out and about you'll need it. (would say go for 500mb rather than 100mb)

It is a 24 month contract yes. I have found a t mobile deal which seems ok, 900 minutes, 500 texts, unlimited mobile internet for £30.64 pm. phone cost with that one is £45.

Where from? I'm trying to get one!

Well I'm with O2 their customer services are supplying them but stores aren't until Sunday (if they have stock), the next place I tried was Phones4U and got one today - they've been selling them since yesterday.... Very smart piece of kit indeed and to think I was going to wait for the iPhone 5 - dual core processor wins hands down

Well I'm with O2 their customer services are supplying them but stores aren't until Sunday (if they have stock), the next place I tried was Phones4U and got one today - they've been selling them since yesterday.... Very smart piece of kit indeed and to think I was going to wait for the iPhone 5 - dual core processor wins hands down

cool, i'm with O2 but decided to go to vodafone purely down to customer service (well lack of it!) I was originally waiting for a white iPhone 4, that ain't happened so was gonna wait for the iPhone 5 but then i'm kind of liking the S2 so may just get one over the weekend. Let us know how you find the battery life with it.

It is a 24 month contract yes. I have found a t mobile deal which seems ok, 900 minutes, 500 texts, unlimited mobile internet for £30.64 pm. phone cost with that one is £45.

I would be pulling my hair out with a 24 month contract. I see vodafone and O2 are going back to 12 month contracts again so will probably get the S2 over the weekend and then maybe a white iPhone 5/6 next year. Keeps the wife happy too as she gets whatever I get rid of! She has my iPhone 3 at the moment and i've been using a dodgy cheap nokia of some sort for nearly a year now!

Well on my secind day with it and it seems fine really, I'm used to charging my phones every night and will end up dojng the same with this but I am hammering the phone right now to get used to android.

Also the white iPhone 4 was launched yesterday if you was waiting for it, cant see apple releasing the 5 soon now, rumours are saying september but I couldnt be bothered to wait

Just been into town, Only place I could find it was phones 4 U and on a 24 month contract. Sod that. So went looking for an iPhone in white! Still nowhere that I can physically look at it! Looking at a bit of paper doesn't quite work for me!

I asked in carphone warehouse and the bloke said " I think the S2 might be out Tuesday" Think? WTF, surely they must know when a phone is released.

Attero, I did see a dummy phone in P4U, I'm hoping it was nothing like the real thing as it was quite tacky. Very thin though and quite big.

Just been into town, Only place I could find it was phones 4 U and on a 24 month contract. Sod that. So went looking for an iPhone in white! Still nowhere that I can physically look at it! Looking at a bit of paper doesn't quite work for me!

I asked in carphone warehouse and the bloke said " I think the S2 might be out Tuesday" Think? WTF, surely they must know when a phone is released.

Attero, I did see a dummy phone in P4U, I'm hoping it was nothing like the real thing as it was quite tacky. Very thin though and quite big.

Might stick with my original intention to get a HTC Desire HD (Android) then. I just hope a new version comes out before the end of June.

I did look at the sensation and seemed a good phone, But I have stuck to my guns and gone for the galaxy s 2, will be here on wednesday. I did go for the 24 month contract, 600 mins and 500 txts, unlimited browsing and 500 mb download on t mobile for £25.53 p/m initial phone cost was £29.99.

This is still cheaper than I currently pay with more texts, better phone, and the internet.

Well I got my S2 on an 18 month contract from Phones4U... But it was an upgrade so might be different to a brand new tariff (can't see how though)

As for being slow and annoying - nope - it's seriously quick and can't see how it could be annoying, everything is pretty much customisable so you can just change things around, I've truly been converted to Android! Just to back up the speed - I was streaming a high def movie wirelessly to my tv and texting at the same time with no bother whatsoever, no stuttering, stalling, slowing down at all.

I've hammered the phone today and still have 50% battery at the moment so I'm happy with the battery life - but that's with GPS, WiFi, live wallpapers, loads of widgets, movie streaming, etc etc

Just got a new HTC Desire HD yesterday. This is my second HTC android/sense UI phone and so far I'm impressed.

Ordered a higher capacity battery because of some of the things I use my phone for, such as gps for 7 or 8 hours when out on the bike.

Totally sold on the user interface that HTC have had for the last couple of years. Very customisable and 7 homescreens with some new additions on the later iterations such as quick access to themes to jump between normal screen set-up and custom set-ups that are more suitable for concentrating on productivity/office apps/photography etc, changing all 7 screens at once. Sheer brilliance that just makes sense.