The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Would you be concerned?

TopgunTT

Hi guys, I recently bought an item of a member on here. They said in the thread that they were going to leave the country in 2 weeks. This was posted on the 10th April, So obviously the 2 weeks passed on the 24th April, So they would of been out of the country 3 days ago ( Sunday ).

I deposited the money via bank transfer on the Friday 15th April and they said it would be posted the next day. The following week i had a few excuses via text why it hadn't been posted yet.

Anyway it still isn't here, They haven't logged on since they have received payment, And now the phone just goes straight to answer phone for the last few days, No delivery reports either so the phone isn't even being switched on?

Am i being over concerned because of the bank holidays and they might have posted it and it has just been delayed?

The member has been a member since 2005, I am just getting worried now as all contact seems to be lost and i have no item and they should be out of the country :(

I'd give it until maybe the end of next week then try and find someone on here that knows him and maybe get them to contact him about what's going on.

There seem to be a number of unreliable people on here when it comes to selling parts. Seems strange to advertise something for sale on here if you're going to mess the buyer around and p*ss people off..

This does not sound good at all.

I hate to say it but it sounds like hes no longer in the uk

I have to agree that is why i posted this up, They were from Scotland so it's not like i can pop up to see if they are still around.

After 6 years of being a member i would of thought someone would know him?

Would it be worth reporting this to the police?

I'd wait to see if someone here can do something first before going to the police in case something's happened to him and he can't get in touch with you.

would the police do anything tho?

what about small claims?

I don't know what the police will do, I have to at least inform them them that he has stolen from me.

I t would be expensive for small claims to track him down in another country now.