The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ATI crank pulley and rack oil seals

David P

I have had a string of issues with leaking rack oil seals, both old and after rebuilt with new.

In desperation I have changed the rack, but have noticed that the fluid level is going down again.

I am beginning to suspect it could be the ATI crank pulley which is 6.78" where stock is 5.5".

Could this be causing pressure to high for the seals?

Has anyone else had any like problem from using this larger crank pulley?

I haven't heard of this being a problem, but yesterday I fitted a perfectly good rack, washed out the header tank filter and filled up with new fluid, and today the seals are leaking!

I can't think what else it could be?

I will try and get access to some pressure testing kit and check it.

Just a thought, That stuff is like grinding paste and wont do the inside of ps system a lot of good if it gets in there, Search Lui's old posts, he had a load of trouble after fitting a polished ps tank a few years back, got though a load of pumps/racks/fluid iirc.