The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Idea for trip to Nurburgring next summer?

AJI

AJI

I think I was a bit unlucky, but there was so much traffic, that all the access roads blocked up so we couldn't even get out to the town etc. without walking.

I had four separate yellow flags on one lap, all for single or multiple bike accidents. One bike got taken off by a Corsa - nuff said!

I can cope with slow and fast cars, and even the quad-bikes... but coaches just make the place surreal.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I know where you're coming from John, I'm with Aron though, the traffic (some of it) was interesting to race with, for example when I let a GT3 come past me and then kept with him for the remainder of the lap, I really enjoyed playing keep up with him!

The Bikes are a pain, because its dangerous mixing the two, especially as most bikers tend never to look in their mirrors, you usually find those that cruise around do and quickly move. Others who think they're on a hot lap etc just are in their own world, its annoying and dangerous.

Over the 2 years I've been there I've probably done about 26 laps, some had to be aborted due to serious accidents and one saturday the place was shut for about 3 hours due to accidents and having to fly someone out by air ambulance... its in the nature of the place.

I have no interest in driving around the F1 track there. A closed track day would be sweet, but even on those days, and testing days you'll find parts of the track under yellow flags while repairs are carried out some days.

I found the most annoying thing was going slowly, and having to let past lots of traffic on every other bend so it kinda encourages you to get moving :)

• 2 weeks later...

I got a reply from the organisers of the open days at the Nurburgring and they said the 2006 open dates will be released early in the new year.

So by mid-January I'll confirm the weekend date of this Nurburgring trip (if what they say is true of course).

I could specify an open date based on last year's dates but then we'd be running the risk that it may have been booked by another party. I'm waiting for the official 2006 dates before I commit to a date.

The thing with the Nordshliefe track is that all manner of car clubs, car manufacturers and race events take place on weekends over the summer.... so its best to be absolutely certain when the full weekend public dates are available.

(I'm hoping for the last weekend in May by the way).

1. AJI

2. kopite

3. MrAngry

4. boneyard

5. SteveR

6. Ian R

7. JohnK

8. John_M

9. CJ

10. Martin R

11. Carlos_Hathcock (Andy)

12. supraloopy(not sure though keep us posted)

13. Gaz @ Envy

14. Dane_stone (Dean)

15. Jspec Germany (Mike)

16. Salvatore (worked out how to do it now!)

17. Robsheffield

18. cornimac

19. Shovels

20. Suprahuman

21. Supragold

22. Shytot

23. Mad Matt

24. Satan

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everybody, just to keep the interest going. I was at the Ring today. Closed for too much rain. I may go back in January though. I only live one hour and fifteen minutes North of the ring door to door. I'll be spending a lot of time there this next year. If a short drive there and back doesn't bother people, I can park two more supras in my driveway and the door is always open for club members. Just need about a three weeks notice. The only catch is you have to bring me either a bottle of Burberry's London Dry Gin or a case of Caffreys. Believe me, you'll make out with the amount of German beer we'll drink. Chief, we should hook up if you're going to be here in Germany a lot.

1. AJI

2. kopite

3. MrAngry

4. boneyard

5. SteveR

6. Ian R

7. JohnK

8. John_M

9. CJ

10. Martin R

13. Gaz @ Envy

14. Dane_stone (Dean)

15. Jspec Germany (Mike)

17. Robsheffield

18. cornimac

19. Shovels

20. Suprahuman

21. Supragold

22. Shytot

23. Mad Matt

24. Satan

25. Matt 6 (Possibly joined by friend with his car too, not a Supra though)

At least 1 of my mates is going to tag along, as long as he's allowed to as he drives a BMW 330Ci and I know what some of you are like about BMW drivers ;)

A few other mates who don't have quick cars are on about flying out & hiring something to thrub round, if they are ok to join us lot too. :)

OK, I hope to be sorted with Supra fully tuneds by easter :-)

BMW drivers are fine with me as long as they use the damm indicators !!!! (might be a factory fitted optional extra?).

J spec we will hook up, I usually can be found in Adenau or Zermullen (at TTE Technics) or in the evenings getting fed @ watered @ Sabine Schmitz's.

I may have "other" make drivers wanting to go too, usual euro built so called supercar shyte, nothing that wont dissapear in your mirror quickly :-)

I can park two more supras in my driveway and the door is always open for club members. QUOTE]

Thats a great offer Jspec Germany, I'm sure there may be one or two members that'll take you up on that.

I'm currently waiting for the open dates for 2006 to be published, if you're able to obtain these dates before they go on the official website then that would be a bonus. If not then don't worry, there is plenty of time.

As for the BMW driver, I suppose it will be ok... ;-)

As mentioned, as long as he's read how to use the indicators and his rear view mirror !

1. AJI

2. kopite

3. MrAngry

4. boneyard

5. SteveR

6. Ian R

7. JohnK

8. John_M

9. CJ

10. Martin R

13. Gaz @ Envy

14. Dane_stone (Dean)

15. Jspec Germany (Mike)

17. Robsheffield

18. cornimac

19. Shovels

20. Suprahuman

21. Supragold

22. Shytot

23. Mad Matt

24. Satan

26. Hogmaw (hopefully it can be during world cup period)

• 3 weeks later...

Just updating this thread.

As the 'Mini-Gumball to France' is planned for late May2006 I propose to now aim for mid-June as the date for this Nurburgring trip. I'll start off a new thread with finalised details as and when the Nordshliefe open dates are released.... which shouldn't be too long now.

The provisional open dates should be realeased any day now.... but there is an official callender/timetable that will be released at the end of February by the organisers of the public days.

• 2 weeks later...

Still awaiting the release of the open dates. The guys at the 'ring told me they'd email me once they are finalised.... as mentioned, hopefully by the end of February.

A good website to be reading in the meantime is via the link below:

http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/index.html

(keep a check out on the 'opening times' link on this website as he may get the open dates before the officials email me).

1. AJI

2. kopite

3. MrAngry

4. boneyard

5. SteveR

6. Ian R

7. JohnK

8. John_M

9. CJ

10. Martin R

13. Gaz @ Envy

14. Dane_stone (Dean)

15. Jspec Germany (Mike)

17. Robsheffield

18. cornimac

19. Shovels

20. Suprahuman

21. Supragold

22. Shytot

23. Mad Matt

24. Satan

26. Hogmaw (hopefully it can be during world cup period)

a few mates from my local area also wish to come along:

27. Wally - Mkiv Supra (NA)

28. Aaron - Subaru Impreza

29. Wayne - Skyline GTR

30. Dean - Skyline GTR

• 3 weeks later...

The open dates are slowly filtering out.... so far they go up to April. Not much use for our trip just yet, but from the look of the official events which are being held over June the likely date could be 9th-12th June. This is not definite just yet. A new thread will be started with finalised details as and when the dates become available.

This useful website (below) interperates the official dates from the Nurburgring in a user friendly format.

http://julesperry.com/ring-2006.htm